Loach lovers, show me your loaches!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so cute! watch the puffer...lol he may give your others a run for their tails! I have added frogs (5) and snails (2) to my aquarium.... the frogs are soooooo happy. I had them in my classroom in a 5 gallon, they are so much happier in the 40! I am just getting a betta for the class. I lost no one with the move and the others I have added are very happy! My loaches have found new homes...under a clam shell and up inside a coral. I don't see them much anymore :( but at least they are happy! Good luck!

I saw a DIY thing on here for tubes to put under the rocks for loaches and shrimp that I'm gonna try out! Baby and Buddy are attached at the fins now and the puffer is gonna have his own tank I'm thinking a 10 gals he is the size of my pinkey nail right now

Hey guys! Have any of y'all had y'all's loaches become very aggressive to any and all new fish? I have a 28 gal lightly planted with 2 loaches, 3 guppies and 1 black skirt tetra. I added 1 Pleco, 2 black skirts and 2 more guppies. I had the new babies in QT for 2 weeks and everyone was fine, I added them to the big tank and the next day the Pleco and the new tetras were dead and badly beaten up. Today the new guppies were also dead and beaten up. Now that all the new guys are give everyone is happy again. All of the old fish play every well together. The tetra schools with the guppies and the loaches are always together.... Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them

Hey guys! Have any of y'all had y'all's loaches become very aggressive to any and all new fish? I have a 28 gal lightly planted with 2 loaches, 3 guppies and 1 black skirt tetra. I added 1 Pleco, 2 black skirts and 2 more guppies. I had the new babies in QT for 2 weeks and everyone was fine, I added them to the big tank and the next day the Pleco and the new tetras were dead and badly beaten up. Today the new guppies were also dead and beaten up. Now that all the new guys are give everyone is happy again. All of the old fish play every well together. The tetra schools with the guppies and the loaches are always together.... Just wondering if anyone else had this happen to them

Did you acclimate them into your big tank.

Ya, I did the water combination where I put more water in the half out then put more tank water in thing.... I know my loaches did it cause I saw them fighting, I just thought they would figure out a pecking order and be done with it...

Ya, I did the water combination where I put more water in the half out then put more tank water in thing.... I know my loaches did it cause I saw them fighting, I just thought they would figure out a pecking order and be done with it...

What kind of loaches are they and what size. Loaches can play rough but usually its just play.

Dojo loaches, and hillstream loach (he's been relocated asap to his very own very tank set up :-D )
I only have two dojo loaches, am getting another soon, the shop only had two left :( looking for a golden one next :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 94
are the skirt tetras still alive? that would be my first guess, as they are vicious little fish and even more so in small numbers. i don't think this was the botia loach

Ya the original skirt tetra is. But he is the size of a nickel. I don't know how he would kill everyone

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391573968.775471.jpg

My golden Dojo. He is about 4 inches and is awesome. He swims around my hand when it's in the tank and farts when he eats which my three year old thinks is very funny.

Back
Top Bottom