Loaches, Corys, Synodontis, Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roland6543

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am trying to sort out my stocking strategy of bottom dwellers and would like to hear from members with actual experience with some of these combinations.

I really like having some critters and currently have about 10 Ghost shrimp. Which of the following families/species are compatible based upon experience?

Yoyo or Zebra loaches
Corys (school of Sterbas, Pandas or Adolfos)
Synadontis petricola school (cuckoo catfish)

I have an extremely well filtered 75 g tank and want two species of bottom dwelling fish in addition to the shrimp.

I have found some people saying that synodontis will live with ghost shrimp, but I'm not sure if that's based upon fact, experience or assumption.

Have you had a tank where the synodontis have eaten the shrimp?

No I have an Eclipse Catfish similiar to Syndotis and he ate guppies and shrimp are way smaller.

Petricola are a lot smalle than the eclupse. I think they'll get 2-3 inches max in a tank. Do you think that will still be a problem.

I think 3 SA Bumble Bee Catfish would work. They max out at 3 inches.

Attachments

• Bumblebee_Catfish_With_Photos_01.jpg
    Bumblebee_Catfish_With_Photos_01.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 120
SA bumble bee goby looks cool. Yeah most catfish would eat shrimp. Cories and plecos are an exeption.

Which are the largest Cory's. Since I have a large tank I would like bottom dwellers of a reasonable size.

I remember reading that the largest species of cories ... Emerald cories I think ... Can reach 5 inches. I see them at LFS's and they are noticeably larger.

Back
Top Bottom