Lone Cory

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Freshwater Paradise

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Well, I was just curious everyone, if anyone knew of a Cory sp. That would do alright on it's own? I have a friend who has a 10G and doesnt wanna put too many of the cories in there. Plus, I was truly curious. Maybe one that stays fairly small... Please someone tell me something good! THANKS

*****Kyle*****

Cory's

I understand that, I just didn't know if anyone knows of a species that would do alright on it's own. Or even what would happen if my friend put one in his tank on it's own!?

There are dwarf cories if you are lucky enough to find them Corydoras habrosus and pygmaius .

Yeah, that's my problem. LOL. I tried to find some this morning, and no luck. I have tried 3 Places. Now I will have to try one more "Mom and Pop" owned stores. I hope they can get it. They told me if they don't have something instock they can order it for me. I hope they have something.

One thing you can do is find out if there is an aquarium club locally find out if any of the members might have some. Cories do breed pretty easily so it is very possible there might be someone locally raising them. There are sometimes club sponsored auctions as well. Some mom and pop stores will order them if they are available.

I haven't really pressed it yet but might later once I get my last tank set up and well cycled.

I had two albinos and after the one died (was 3+ years old) the other just kind of lays around now. I think he misses his buddy. Usually they would be within an inch of each other all the time. He is doing fine and it has been months but I still don't think he is happy. They definitely would do better in a school.

What about 3-4 peppered cories? They stay fairly small. I'm not sure why your friend only wants one?!

Who knows why he only wants 1. He never told me why!? Anyway, How many would you think he could put in there. He has 6 Tetra and a few shrimp. Other than that nothing more.... I have never once raised cory's so I have absolutely no idea!:confused:

meegosh's 3 peppered cories sounds good, but then that's what I have in my main tank and I'm biased. They're scavengers and I have to wonder whether they will find enough to eat in a 10 gallon tank. Sinking food, pellets and stuff like that, will probably be needed so they get enough.

Also, as long as there's 2 or more, they should be ok socially; my three rarely stick together, two of them pair up and the third just does his/her thing.

Back
Top Bottom