Long fin barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tropical boy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Due to the death of my Denison barb due to a bacterial infection and the fact that I had to return my severum as he turned into one mean fish almost over night, I felt like it was time for a few new fish. With my water levels checked I took a trip to a fish store a little further afield to the couple in my area, but they sell some appealing fish that I don't find very often in the stores closer to me. I purchased 3 long fin barbs and at the minute they are around 3 inches but from what I've read they can hit around 5 inches. I am just posting to say that even though I have only had these fish a few hours I can honestly say they are my favourite fish I have ever owned and I recommend them to any one with a community tank that is large enough and is slightly more leaning towered the path of semi aggressive, purely because small fish such as neons and guppies will be eaten. Anybody else who has these please post and let me no anything I need to about this species. Thanks for reading

It sounds like you got Long-finned rosy barbs, and yes, they can get around 4-5 inches, but leaning toward 4 inches. They do like to be in schools so I would recommend bringing there school up, they can be nippers if in small school.

If you do really have puntius arulius, then you have the Long fin Arulius Barb, not just the long-fin barb.

Sorry didn't realise, they were just labelled as long fin barbs in the store. All the same they are the best fish IMO

Back
Top Bottom