Looking for the smallest stingray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennoninmon05

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I’m getting a 40 breeder saltwater and want a stingray 1st is it possible 2nd what’s the best breed?

Google home aquaria stingrays before considering the salinity of the tank you will need to house them..

40g breeder will not fit any stingray. You are going to want more like 400+ gallons for the smaller species. And more like public aquarium size for the mid to larger sizes.

In my 40b reef i have the following fish.
2 clowns
1 lubocks fairy
1 coral beauty angelfish.

40g breeder will not fit any stingray. You are going to want more like 400+ gallons for the smaller species. And more like public aquarium size for the mid to larger sizes.

In my 40b reef i have the following fish.
2 clowns
1 lubocks fairy
1 coral beauty angelfish.

If you don’t mind me ask how much do you have in your aquarium? I’m trying to do a budget but it keeps racking up

If you don’t mind me ask how much do you have in your aquarium? I’m trying to do a budget but it keeps racking up

I wouldnt look at one persons setup for the price. I would breakdown what you think your tank needs, budget each section, tweak when the overall budget gets too high. But a few tips to keep costs down.

Dont buy a budget skimmer, better to have no skimmer and filter some other way.

Used is ok for many of things we use :). Save dollars where you can.

Lighting can be expensive, leds while the new toy are not necessary, a low cost t5 setup will grow any type of coral. Dont want corals use a led rope lol.

What is really needed for a sw tank. Rock, pumps to move the water, and a plan to deal with nutrients and a way to measure salinity. For corals add light, plan to maintain alk, mag, cal, better water movement.

I wouldnt look at one persons setup for the price. I would breakdown what you think your tank needs, budget each section, tweak when the overall budget gets too high. But a few tips to keep costs down.

Dont buy a budget skimmer, better to have no skimmer and filter some other way.

Used is ok for many of things we use :). Save dollars where you can.

Lighting can be expensive, leds while the new toy are not necessary, a low cost t5 setup will grow any type of coral. Dont want corals use a led rope lol.

What is really needed for a sw tank. Rock, pumps to move the water, and a plan to deal with nutrients and a way to measure salinity. For corals add light, plan to maintain alk, mag, cal, better water movement.

Thank you for the help

Back
Top Bottom