Looking to build a 20 gallon sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not really 2 returns just 2 pumps the return is pushing after head loss around 400-500gph into the display tank and I actually don't know my skimmers gph but if I were to guess id say its pumping around 300-500 gph could be way off lol

And I may have caught that wrong but to clarify all together I have 3 pumps in the sump. 1 for The skimmer 1 for the Uv and 1 for the return...gonna be adding a fourth soon for my reactors too

well u have one pump that pump water to the tank and then u have another pump that pumps water to ur uv and then goes to ur skimmer right? You dont have them both on one pump right?

what a reactor do? sry just seen that well u have a pump from ur tank to ur skimmer right?

Nope the Uv line drains into the skimmer section (the tube I was holding) and in the skimmer section I have a seperate pump for the skimmer

Reactors are used for media (gfo, carbon, kalk, or calcium)

Ok I understand it now I can start my sump and add a uv sterilizer later right

oh nice what type lighting do u have in your tank? What type of fish and coral do u have?

I've got a 6 bulb tek elite and for fish had 3 zebra barred dart fish (one went carpet surfing) a rainfords goby and a mandarin dragonette. As for the corals I've got a variety of pretty much everything polyps, Softies, lps, and sps

Oh very nice u going to put anymore fish in there? How long has ur tank been running? I only have a dual t5 elite coralife light

i have another quick question cause i have a big piece of 1/8 glass if i glue 2 pieces together u think that would work? i mean i have no problem buying quarter inch but im saying its just sitting there

I'd like one more fish and it been running since December. The glass though if you layer one on the other and joined them ya it would help strengthen it but I think it'll look terrible lol

Ok u won't do that then I got a get deal on a brand new 20 long petco had 1 dollar of each gallon so I got it for 19 bucks

I'm buying and doing the tank part today. I put pics up later for u to see . U don't mind if I build it like urs with the bubble trap afyer the refugium right?

You can use the 1/8" as baffles.. just thought about it haha

You can build it however you'd like. I didn't trademark it lmao good luck though hope it goes well

A little tip though if I could go back is add a fourth baffle on the very end in the bubble trap so the last baffle let's water through the bottom not the top cause if you don't have an ato then as your return section drops from evap then you third baffle will cause a waterfall effect but with a fourth it would eliminate that

Back
Top Bottom