lost two cats today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Varknight

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just lost two of my cats both spotted before one of them died it turned a blue color and they are normally grey with balck spots anyone know what could of killed them. I tested the water and everything checked out ok

I'm sorry for your loss.

More information would be very helpful, such as which species of cat, tank size, water params, other species in the tank, how long has the tank been established, etc.

Tank size is 20g. I Also have 2betas in the tank along with an albino cat and 2 tetras/ The tank is about 6 months old and the water parameters tested normal. I just moved a week and a half ago and the fish seemd fine after the move. I was told to put aquarium salt at the bottom of the tank for stress release by the LFS do you think that might of had soemthing to do with it.The fish were spotted cory cat

Varknight said:
Tank size is 20g. I Also have 2betas in the tank along with an albino cat and 2 tetras/ The tank is about 6 months old and the water parameters tested normal. I just moved a week and a half ago and the fish seemd fine after the move. I was told to put aquarium salt at the bottom of the tank for stress release by the LFS do you think that might of had soemthing to do with it.The fish were spotted cory cat

Ohhh well, cories are very sensitive to salt. I never use salt in tanks with them!

Back
Top Bottom