Wanted: Low light plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goldfish1212

Aquarium Advice Activist
Looking for some low light plants for my 10 gallon, specifically some background plants and midground plants. Something like wisteria, anacharis, or vallisneria and some crypts maybe??? The substrate is sand, lighting is a 15 watt t8 full spectrum light that came with the tank, and I have tetra florapride liquid fertilizer so I'm looking for plants that will do reasonably well in those conditions. Already have moss, driftwood, and anubias nana. If anyone can put together a package that would be great! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have a massive java fern mat sitting in a bucket, it's a beauty, one of my first and I'm all emotional with it, sitting in a bucket is kind of sad though, it was to kill algae..
Ps I could probably trim a couple starter stems of anarchis too, stiff grows like a weed.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the offer, Brookster123, but I've had java fern before and never again...
Stuff grew like a weed from two little petsmart cylinders into a mat. Had to every week trim leaves and pick off so many babies that would clog the filter otherwise. I'm glad you enjoy yours, but I never found mine pretty enough to justify the mess. It was my first aquarium plant too!

I have Wisteria, and Corkscrew Val. Bacopa Carolinias, Lobelia Cardinalis, and 1 very small Crypt(not sure what species) came in as a hitchhicker.

Foster53, I'm not really interested in the Lobelia Cardinalis, but the others seem like they'd be nice.

img_3051587_0_fe9ee82b84ea99c5994fc4786e0941f9.jpg
img_3051587_1_fcf7c252e1594cc6da16a48456907e69.jpg
img_3051587_2_7322a683c240c99991d66603f2b79898.jpg

Pics of the Anubias

Are the anubias pics for this thread?

Back
Top Bottom