Low tech tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joeyjoelyjoepro

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to set up a low tech no fertilizer no co2 and low light aquarium. I have a 15 gallon and I don't want to spent a lot of money on fertilizer of co2 systems but still have a medium to lightly planted tank that looks nice. What plants do you thing are best? I want something that grows fast and is hardy.

Thanks,

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to set up a low tech no fertilizer no co2 and low light aquarium. I have a 15 gallon and I don't want to spent a lot of money on fertilizer of co2 systems but still have a medium to lightly planted tank that looks nice. What plants do you thing are best? I want something that grows fast and is hardy.

Thanks,

If you are going low tech I recommend a fertile substrate. There are many commercial products out there that you can use but soil is my choice. You could use sand/gravel and root tabs that release nutrients under the plant roots too.

If you want to keep it cheap then soil works well. There are just a few things you need to know beforehand.

You need a nice flow around the tank to but not too strong. Is your tap water soft or hard?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom