lowering alkalinity alkalinity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loki4711

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
what is the best way to lower alcalinity? my alkalinity is at about 18-19dKh right now. I have been adding a kent marine superbuffer and its making it spike up.

Water change water change water change. Don't do anything drastic though. I'd do 20% every 2 or 3 days with well aged SW. Wow. Careful with that stuff!

You do realize that Kent marine superbuffer is designed to raise your alkalinity...right?

You're either adding too much, or you don't need to add any at all. Water changes made with salt and R/O water will help lower alkalinity. Doing top-offs with R/O water will prevent you from adding alkalinity (if you're using tap water, it may be very hard to begin with)

lol i thought there won't be anyone making the same mistake as i did, guess I am wrong I read the instruction wrong therefore added too much buffer in it.My Alk was out of the chart, I just did 20% water change every few days, and basicly u can't really do anything but wait till your coral and watever in your tank consume them.Eventrualy they went back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom