Macscale's 65g Rimless Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice pickups man! Tanks looking good

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Quick update:
I've been ofline from practically all the froums recently due to family matters. and i most likely wont be back on soon.
However not much new in the tank. Growth is well, everything is healthy. Did get myself the cutest pearly jawfish. Beautiful fish with a great personality. Also super hardy.

I've been gone too! Would love to see some pics :).

I've been gone too! Would love to see some pics :).

Bribo!
Glad you posted today because I wouldn't have even seen it.
Came by to drop an update anyway..

So I was out of town for about a week and had no idea that our Air Conditioning lost its battle to the Florida heat. House was at 101 degrees. So the tank temperature sky rocketed as well. One by one i had been losing my sps. I've managed to save the larger ones but most haven't faired to well.
It's been a real bummer.
Now that Ive got everything under control I'll be heading to the lfs to get some new stuff.

That's brutal...I had a similar issue while I was fighting my battle against cotton candy algae. Wife turned off the AC because it was too cold...and the tank hit 90 degrees. Lost many frags but the large colonies didn't care just like yours.

That's brutal...I had a similar issue while I was fighting my battle against cotton candy algae. Wife turned off the AC because it was too cold...and the tank hit 90 degrees. Lost many frags but the large colonies didn't care just like yours.

Yeah... guess it just takes more to break them.
I'll recover eventually, been in the hobby long enough to not stress over it too much.

Man Mac I'm really sorry to hear that. Hope you can bounce the tank back!

Sorry to hear about that Mac. At least you didn't loose it all. I know you will get it looking good again!

Well just about had it with the tank this week. Skimmer exploded and water went everywhere. Literally exploded.
Water soaked into electrical the carpet and the stand. Luckily the breaker stopped everything before it got worse. So far all my equipment is still working other then the skimmer and some cheap timers. Agh, oh well.

Well just about had it with the tank this week. Skimmer exploded and water went everywhere. Literally exploded.
Water soaked into electrical the carpet and the stand. Luckily the breaker stopped everything before it got worse. So far all my equipment is still working other then the skimmer and some cheap timers. Agh, oh well.

Yikes man sorry to hear that. I don't think I have ever heard of a skimmer exploding. What kind was it? At least that's all you lost, though that does suck. I have faith that things will improve for you, di don't throw in the towel just yet. Best of luck

That's seems like a good deal Mac! Have you ever siliconed a tank? It can be messy, but worth the money!

Back
Top Bottom