Macscale's 65g Rimless Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank sold before I could get down there, oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh well, should've known that would go quick. We need to get this current tank back on track anyways. How's everything doing?

Alright, tank it self is stable.
I picked up the same skimmer from my LFS and its pulling very quickly though.
Sps colors are dull and wouldn't be surprised if they don't recover for a long while. I'll be adding things soon though.

Alright, tank it self is stable.
I picked up the same skimmer from my LFS and its pulling very quickly though.
Sps colors are dull and wouldn't be surprised if they don't recover for a long while. I'll be adding things soon though.

Good and best of luck! Hope those SPS's color back up for you and looking forward to the future goods.

Run the tank a little on the bluer side to try and help with coloration. I seemed to have a little success doing that in my tank then progressively moved back to a whiter spectrum

Run the tank a little on the bluer side to try and help with coloration. I seemed to have a little success doing that in my tank then progressively moved back to a whiter spectrum

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for right now... Seeing some pick ups but I'm definitely seeing the end of a few. That's alright, my LFS is running a BOGO soon anyway ;)

Gotta love a BOGO at the FTS! Sounds promising! Thanks, that new blasto of mine is ridiculous. :) I plan to get it mounted somewhere today.

Gotta love a BOGO at the FTS! Sounds promising! Thanks, that new blasto of mine is ridiculous. :) I plan to get it mounted somewhere today.

I plan to stare at that picture all day ;)...
Wish people around me had stock like that!

So... It's been almost half a year since I've posted here... Or anywhere for that matter. It's been a whirlwind of a year for me all around. Unfortunately in Ocober, we were hit with structural issues in our home, forcing us to move out. Currently at an in between rental property, until we move back. Unfortunately this meant having to break down the 65. However, back in August due to the crazy sflorida heat, while I was out of town the air conditioning broke. 100+ degrees in a house with a tank is a big no no. Lost all of my coral. Every last peice, however the fish persevered. So now, skipping to the present. I have an old modded 30 set up. Just some changes in dimensions. Running a reef octopus Hob, LED. It's current inhabitants being my little Halloween hermit, maroon striped clown of 3 years, and my original blue spotted goby. Finally looking at going back into soft and lps, low maintenance corals. Potentially creating a new decked out system in the 65, once were back at the house. Complete with a brand new, custom and modern stand, innovative new equipment and of course some kick a** fish and coral. I've noticed the forum has died down quite bit. Missing most, almost all of my old friends on here. Guess I'm an old timer now. But as times change, so does everything else. It completely escaped my mind to be on the forums the past few months. Glad to see it's still surviving.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I'm here!!!! Sorry to hear about all the turmoil. Hopefully things settle down for you soon :(. Glad to see you posting again though!

New lfs in the area! Combatting the recent decline in fish stores around me. Absolutely great owners! Not in it for the money, just need to pay rent and help our community out. They had WWC, Jason Fox and Cherry Corals there for the grand opening! Stunning stock, and willing to cut a deal on whatever. Took home a beautiful big elegance, a nice poccilopora and a beautiful lps that I forgot the name of. Pics later of course.

Sorry to hear about all your coral man! Glad your back at it though. A softy red sea theme tank was always a nice idea in my mind. The new LFS sounds awesome! Cant wait to see them photos and good to see you on the forum again!

Sorry to hear about your problems Mac, but I know you'll have a beautiful tank again in no time. Merry Christmas and happy new year bud, long time no talk.

Way cool! I'm envious of y'all who have the time, space, and wherewithal to run not just multiple tanks, but fraggers as well!

Looking forward to following this build!

Way cool! I'm envious of y'all who have the time, space, and wherewithal to run not just multiple tanks, but fraggers as well!

Looking forward to following this build!

Haha! Thank you! Trust me I'm not the biggest tank spender, but everyone likes a little fun. It's trial and error bud, you'll get it and be fine! Thanks for tagging along.

Back
Top Bottom