Made a video of all 3 tanks.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
25 gallon is too small for discus. You'll pay $90 a fish for sooner than later dead ones.

Not for 2 of them. With my water quality and other people putting 20 in 125 gallons I'm sure I'd be fine. I think people often underestimate how much stock they can hold. I bet with how well I take care of my tanks I could put 10 fancies in 55 gallons. Or 30 tetras in 10 gallons. As long as they have room to swim around and the water quality is perfect keep adding fish, I say.

Not for 2 of them. With my water quality and other people putting 20 in 125 gallons I'm sure I'd be fine. I think people often underestimate how much stock they can hold. I bet with how well I take care of my tanks I could put 10 fancies in 55 gallons. Or 30 tetras in 10 gallons. As long as they have room to swim around and the water quality is perfect keep adding fish, I say.

But that's just the thing, keeping 30 tetras in a 10 gallon aquarium simply isn't enough room to swim around, it will only severley stress out your fish and eventually kill them regardless of how well you take care of your tanks.

But that's just the thing, keeping 30 tetras in a 10 gallon aquarium simply isn't enough room to swim around, it will only severley stress out your fish and eventually kill them regardless of how well you take care of your tanks.

Again, I think people overestimate the 'stress' their fish go through as though they suffer from emotional stress. In a year I've had 30 fish in various tanks under various conditions and I have yet to lose a fish to anything other than being eaten by another fish. I'd like to see some evidence (other than anecdotal) of a fish dying of stress. No hate. I just don't see the evidence.

Again, I think people overestimate the 'stress' their fish go through as though they suffer from emotional stress. In a year I've had 30 fish in various tanks under various conditions and I have yet to lose a fish to anything other than being eaten by another fish. I'd like to see some evidence (other than anecdotal) of a fish dying of stress. No hate. I just don't see the evidence.
How long have you been in the hobby?
Just curious.

img_2583812_0_77a1bacd5a7f25f142f3e1020af9a124.jpg

img_2583812_1_dd6ef776c3805e6b5b207b084a9ebbd8.jpg

I moved my powerhead to the other side of the tank where it wouldn't be as noticable. It's still visible but blends a bit with the intake tube of my HOB. And that's the new plant I got yesterday. I have to start the BBQ pit but I'll check the name of the plant in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom