magnets for cleaning glass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

barbtrave

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I want to buy a magnet for cleaning a 75 gallon tank. What would you suggest?/ Any other advice for cleaning?

I like the MAGFLOATS. I always suggest purchasing one size larger than they recommend for your tank size. That will let the scrapper have better contact with the inside of the glass.

Me too, Magfloats are great and worth the money. I still get in there and hand scrub once a week to get the top and bottom of the tank by the lip and the harder to remove algaes so that don't get a foothold. I have a 75 and have the mag that is about 4inches by 2 inches. I would probably get the bigger one that is a cube.

They're really good but I had 1 problem with it, to fat. My rockwork is really close to the glass and the magfloats were just to fat to fit between the rockwork and the glass, so I got a twister magnet cleaner. It doesn't float but it will squeeze in there to clean my glass. Its got a plastic loop that I've attached some fishing line to so I don't have to get my hands wet when pulling it out.

ETA: Here's a link for the twister magnet

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AS4413

yes i got one for my acrylic and yes i got the acrylic kind and some sand got behind it and i scratched the crap out of my tank so be very carefull i no longer use it for my acrlic only for my glass tanks

Mag float deffinatly the way to go for glass. I haven't got any acrylic so you on you own with that one. Also use the kent pro scraper great for those hard to reach places in the back of the aquarium

Back
Top Bottom