Male Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mine is doing great with a school of neon tetras and some bristlenose plecos. I've had luck in the past with guppies, but not all Bettas will tolerate their showy fins - they look a little too betta-like for some Bettas. In general, most fish that don't nip fins and don't have long fins for the betta to confuse with another betta should be ok. It depends a lot on the personality of the betta, some will attack everything in sight and some don't mind tankmates at all.

I won't even try it. My betta has his own 3 gallon. If you are going to try it just make sure you have a back up plan.

Any small non-nippy schooling fish usually work pretty well. Most bottom dwellers such as cories, bristlenoses, kuhlis and sometimes shrimp (with enough cover) work.
What else is in the tank, if anything?

They generally do well with anything that isnt too active.
I will say, stay away from neon tetras and other nippy fish. They love a male's long flowing fins!

I've had mine with guppies, endlers, cories, oto's, pygmy cories, ghost shrimp, BNP...etc.

I've been told, that males should be kept away from too colorful fish, they sometimes confuse them for other males. I personally havent found that to be an issue, as long as the fish is smaller than them. The activity level is definitely something to keep in mind though. I've had a male stress out so bad he died within a couple of days (I had him for 4 months prior and he was healthy as a horse) of having some guppy juvies in the tank with him.

Back
Top Bottom