Male or female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamwallaby

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is this a female? In waiting for another shrimp to move so I can get pic of that one too.

Attachments

• image-937740476.jpg
    image-937740476.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 92
Here is shrimp #2. I think they are both females so wanted to check with you guys.

Attachments

• image-305630644.jpg
    image-305630644.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 110
#1 has a saddle, so def female. 2 and 3 are harder to tell, my guess is 2 is male and 3 is female. They look pretty young, it will be easier to tell when they are older.

Thank you so much for responding. The darkness behind #1 's head is the saddle, right? I am very new to shrimp and still trying to figure it all out.

not the dark part right behind the head. The yellowish green part behind that is the saddle, its kind of shaped like a horse saddle.

Aaah , ok I see it. Thank you :) can I ask another question..
I had a female that clearly had eggs in her abdomen when I bought her. She was healthy for about 4-5 days, then she molted, (at least I think it was her) and died. When I took her out she had no eggs but I don't see anything in the tank either. I was surprised she molted while berried, and any idea what could have killed her? Water is 0 for ammonia, nitrite and nitrates. 7.4 pH. 4 for KH and 88.5 gh. I did add excel flourish liquid carbon the night before.

Sorry don't really know what to tell you. I am just getting started with shrimp myself, and only have Cherry red shrimp, don't know much about orange bee shrimp. I don't think it would be possible for a CRS to molt while berried since they molt just before breeding, not sure about your shrimp though.

Back
Top Bottom