Mean Clownfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spartachris

Aquarium Advice Regular
I don't know what to do. I bought two clownfish (Ocellaris) a few months ago, and for some reason one of them died. Never figured out what happened to him. I had a thread here all about it.

A few weeks later I bought another, but the first clownfish began acting very agressive to him/her and the other tankmates (2 pj cardinals). I took both out, rearranged the rocks and then waited a few days before putting both back in.

She went right back to her evil ways. So I took her out alone.

Now what do I do? I definitely want more than one clown, but am hesitant about trading the mean one in. I figure my options are:

1. Buy a third clownfish and see if the dynamic changes.
2. Trade in/give away the mean one and bring a small guy into the dt.
3. Buy two small new ones so I have a total of three.

Any of these options feasible? Am I missing something? :(

I owuld return the mean clown and get a nice mated pair of new ones. having more than 2 isn't a great idea to begin with, you'll just see more aggression as time goes on.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I did a lot more reading online after posted this here.

So I have meanie in her own tank, waiting for a home and the other one is in the dt finally looking happy and playing nicely with his/her/its tankmates.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom