meet our newest family member

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So it's looking so empty in the 50litre with just lolly. i was thinking of adding something else that would really stand out against the dark blue gravel and be fun for my 3yo to watch but not bother lolly?

i was going to get albino corys but i dont think the 50litre would be big enough for a school of 6? how do pygmy corys go with bettas? or pandas? any other suggestions?

Try ghost shrimp to test your bettas temperament. They are pretty cheap, so if he(betta) doesn't approve and eats them, you will not be out a bunch of cash.

ok so i got 4 panda corys soo cute i love em! and well with the glass shrimp i didnt know you could get them here in australia silly me they had feeder bags 15 for 5$. i instanly felt so bad for them abd grabbed a bag! there a quite a few pregnant ones. the guy at the store dont me they wont last in an aquarium because they live in rivers and need low temps. i said well there gonna be eaten anyway right so im going to put them in the 50litre betta tank with the pandas. i thought well since ive read about alot of you guys on here having them in aquariums aswell as the suggestion ill give ut a go. is 15 way to many? it was not an intended purchase my darn heart strings playn on me again! and those little beady eyes looking at me. im just a big softy for all creature. can u let me know if theres anything i should know about keeping the shrimp betta and pandas together?

3 of the ghost shrimp stayed in the tank and the others went in the pond. i noticed this morning one of the pandas has a white growth on its tail i did some research and i think its fungal so ill get some meds tomorrow and treat the tank. ill have to remove the ghost shrimp though wont i? oh n the betta isnt looking to happy since getting tankmates he hides alot hes never agressive and very docile, im hoping this is just temporary and he will just need time to get used to it?

The betta will probably just take a little bit to get used to his new buds. How many gallons is 50l? Sorry, I'm not good with the conversions (and I'm a math wiz......go figure!). If it's around 20 gallons, you would be fine with that stocking. Shrimp are not much of a bio-load. Most say 10 shrimp per gallon, a few less for ghosts as they get a little bigger. Can't speak much about the growth on the cory's tail. People will probably ask you for a pic. Good luck!

i hope the betta perks up again hes just hiding inbetween some moss and an ornament looking sad so it might be a good thing ill be treating the tank just in case. hes my 3yr olds fish so dont want to take any chances he loves his "Lolly fish"

How are you going to treat the tank? I would post pics of the fish and have someone help identify the issue. Any medications you use may be harmful to the shrimp. Rarely is it ever a good idea to be using any chemicals other than Prime in your fish tank.

ill try and get a pic but my phone has a really bad camera. i was going to take the shrimp out and use multi cure or something have to make a trip to the shop this morning.

Back
Top Bottom