microscopic kenyi kiddos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcurlacher54

Aquarium Advice Freak
i just found two microscopic kenyi hiding in the holey rock of my tank. whats the chances of the lil guys making it seeing that they seem to be the only survivors from the batch? we noticed one of the females seemed to be holding a few weeks back and then all of a sudden she had started eating again. we figured she spat the eggs out too early and they simply got eaten.

Well congrats nd i really dont knoemw as long as there are hiding spots you should be ok

ill give it a try...the one pops out more often than the other but its always under one of the rocks where it cant be reached by the bigger guys. i figured the female was too young to pull this off but i guess not.

Lol yea i have a lab that was holding for 3 days then ate them :( that was a couple months ago and hasnt bred since

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww adorrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the fry like 6 times nd its so cute!! I wish i could get a tank to look that beautifal! Wow its just stunning!!!

Nice! The baby is adorable!!

How long have you had the jewel in there? Does it fair pretty well? I've been thinking about putting one in my mbuna tank, but I'm super hesitant.

actually the jewel is a survivor of what my kids call the deadly waters. wheni first stocked my tank i stocked it with about 8 fish, well that was before i had ever heard of a thing called drip acclimation and needless to say all but two died immediately. the jewel and the larger female auratus. well she beat the little guy up pretty bad and he just sat at the bottom of the tank forever. i figured it wouldnt be long before he passed away. As i added a few fish a week at a time the auratus lost interest in the jewel and he started to come back slowly. so now 4 months later he is very strong and has the heart of a lion.pretty much any fish that goes near the back of the tank is quickly nipped and goes running away. he will even dart to the front to attack if he thinks they are not looking. he is pretty high on the pecking list from what i can see, maybe top 4 or higher. i was told that he probably doesnt belong in there but there is noway im removing him now, i think he earned his spot and is clearly in no danger. so i guess its up to you, having him already in there before i added most of the fish probably helped him out.

I probably won't do it. I just want one so bad and I refuse to set up another tank! lol I keep thinking if others can do it so can I, but knowing my luck it would go very very bad lol

I probably won't do it. I just want one so bad and I refuse to set up another tank! lol I keep thinking if others can do it so can I, but knowing my luck it would go very very bad lol
you could always try it and if it ends badly move the jewel. do you have another tank?

Nope, I've got 4 and that's it! lol

I've seriously considered it but I don't wanna do anything that isn't good for my fishies physical/mental health. What it's gonna come down to is if I'm able to keep talking myself out of buying one when I see them! So far so good lol

if u have room try adding him in with a cpl of others u plan to get. like i said i think already being there may have helped mine out. idk.

I don't plan on adding any more fish, my tank is over maximum the way it is lol. I'm gonna thin out males when they get bigger.
But you're right, adding fish when they're smaller is def the way to do it!

Back
Top Bottom