MJ's 20 gal build :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You know they have to be actually fed like sun corals right? They are about $40 US here in the states online.

Yeah but most people only have one giant head so iv seen so I could deal with that, when I say that I can't get one it's because all my LFS stores are over two hours drive away, I live in a small town in the middle of the mountains in Wales UK lol. So rely on on the net to get stuff. Speaking of Which my tank should be arriving today after the disaster I had them not delivering Monday or Tuesday. Just checked the online store and it still says processing and not shipped :/ so let's hope it arrives or I will be going all Uma on those idiots!! :)

Had to remove the tank to another place as it doesn't look too good where I wanted to put it originally, so now it's like a foot away from where I sit so I can stare all the time! Problem the door was broken off the cabinet and just thrown in!! Not happy at all, just a good thing I'm the son of a carpenter so I fixed it in mins rather than wait for the crappy store to send a replacement! Everything works fine in the tank thank goodness lol! My first pics yay!!

image-3678658408.jpg

The broken door

image-3308454772.jpg

The breakage

image-1844268045.jpg

Fixed

image-2196689883.jpg

Neo checking out the new thing he's the boss of the house!

Also here's my media baskets iv already dumped the ceramic rings and the stupid sponge but what are these porous brown little rock things?

image-3899645325.jpg

Media baskets

image-538606727.jpg

What are these?

LOL, I care, just don't know the answer hehe...

me, I;ve used that kind of rock in freshwater only so no idea if it's ok for saltwater.

It's not even supposed to come with the tank the LFS took the liberty to unpack everything and set it up in the tank and I think they put this media in one o the baskets hmm iv emailed them btw about my broken door and I have asked for some money off or I want a voucher or something!! Haha

I would think the lava rock would be ok seeing as how its real porous and valcanos are in the ocean lol. I dont know but it sounded good

YAAY! You have the tank! :) :) It's pretty awesome huh! I thought it was bigger when I got it aswell. I can't believe you got rock and I didnt! :0 Lol.

When I got mine the light bulbs weren't plugged in properly! Oh well.

Whats your next step now? What you buying next?

Next is RO unit, test kit, power head and salt woop I'm allowed just gonna push the bench Mark and get the sand and base rock too lol my other half is buying a DSLR camera that's very expensive this is the only reason im allowed to get the tank set up it was bribery as we have a joint account lol. Good news is went searching in my shed this morning and found a spare heater and powerhead and thermometer so that's my water mixing dealt with. Also gonna take the light out of my 3 gal tank and put it above the first chamber ad it's completely empty now and I'm gonna grow cheato. :)

Awsome you are almost ready to start. I cant wait to see it with water. Oh and by the way nice handy work on your stand door

Haha thanks Steve, I had water in the tank last night to check for leaks and make sure returning was working ok, and the stand was upto scratch lol also cleaned it out as it was full of dust, should have taken a pic really.

Next is RO unit, test kit, power head and salt woop I'm allowed just gonna push the bench Mark and get the sand and base rock too lol my other half is buying a DSLR camera that's very expensive this is the only reason im allowed to get the tank set up it was bribery as we have a joint account lol. Good news is went searching in my shed this morning and found a spare heater and powerhead and thermometer so that's my water mixing dealt with. Also gonna take the light out of my 3 gal tank and put it above the first chamber ad it's completely empty now and I'm gonna grow cheato. :)

Woow maan! Your so close! How did you get ahead of me? LOL. Where you getting the sand from? I'm getting mine from Mangroves and More. The Pink Aroganite one. Seems pretty cool...

OH YES. DSLR are a pretty penny. I just got a bridge camera. It was half my wages. That's why mine hasn't gone any further.

I have some really good links I want to show you, but they are on my phone, I'm gunna get them ready and PM you with them. They are just little nuggets of info I have found or some good deals! :)

Anything happen today in the fish tank world for you?

Back
Top Bottom