Molly fry question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well wonte the metal hurt the fish and I'm not sure dads not home yet and mom is cooking so ill ask once everyone is happy and has eaten.

Well wonte the metal hurt the fish and I'm not sure dads not home yet and mom is cooking so ill ask once everyone is happy and has eaten.

Yep metal harms the scales, does it tell you to use it? If it does sorry!
I always wait until everyone's in a good mood too
before I ask for fishy items!

This will do until you can get a breeding net. Keep the water line below the metal and you'll be fine. Don't make the holes too big, or the fry will escape!!!

Another tip is, get some Repashy gel food. Either the community or the meat pie. My fry love both. I also use Hakari First Bites. The gel food comes in a pouch, it's powder that you mix with boiling water. I mix two packets of first bites into the Repashy powder. When mixed, pour the mix into moulds, I use old frozen bloodworm packets. The little containers that they come in. Pour into them, let it set for 1hr and you can store this in the fridge for 2wks or the freezer for two months. You just drop a cube in the trap or tank and they will go mad for it. I have 100 guppy fry and they love it. Haven't lost one fry yet....
Fishguy, you should find either easy enough in the US. Issy, I have a link if you need it....

This will do until you can get a breeding net. Keep the water line below the metal and you'll be fine. Don't make the holes too big, or the fry will escape!!!

I love this idea my mom is letting me use a old rubber made container for them.

Another tip is, get some Repashy gel food. Either the community or the meat pie. My fry love both. I also use Hakari First Bites. The gel food comes in a pouch, it's powder that you mix with boiling water. I mix two packets of first bites into the Repashy powder. When mixed, pour the mix into moulds, I use old frozen bloodworm packets. The little containers that they come in. Pour into them, let it set for 1hr and you can store this in the fridge for 2wks or the freezer for two months. You just drop a cube in the trap or tank and they will go mad for it. I have 100 guppy fry and they love it. Haven't lost one fry yet....
Fishguy, you should find either easy enough in the US. Issy, I have a link if you need it....

****EDIT, It can be stored for 6months in the freezer not 2

Back
Top Bottom