Molly with fungus.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendy fm

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Black Molly seems to have several white spots on his body. They appear to be fungus. He has had this problem before and I treated it with fungus meds and they went a way. I'm afraid to treat him with medication because I have Swordtail fry in the tank and am not sure if it's safe. Other than the spots he seems fine. He is eating well. I don't have a hospital tank. So can't move him.

Wendy, if the white spots are truly just a fungus, your Molly evidently had a scratch and fungus attached itself on the injured tissue. The best weapon against fungus is super clean water. One of my Austailian rainbow fish had a nipped tail With fungus growing on it last week. I immediately did a 35% WC and thoroughly cleaned the gravel. A couple of days later the fungus was gone, and the fish is on the mend.
You can also treat with aquarium salt. One tablespoon per gallon. That shouldn't hurt your other fish. Fungus can't tolorate salt. Hope this helps.

I added salt to the water and did a water change.Molly seems good to go. I can not see any white spots on his/her sides and she's as active as ever.

Back
Top Bottom