More pleco problems and medication advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not great. :(

He is still hanging in there but the white spots have gotten worse. I just started the Maracyn last night though so I really haven't had enough time yet to monitor him under the new treatment.

Update: The pleco does seem to be doing a little better with the Maracyn. I'm watching closely now to see if the spots disappear.

I do have one question though. I have to go out of town this weekend. I will be leaving tomorrow night and coming back Sunday night. I can dose the tank before I leave tomorrow and when I get back Sunday, but I will not be here to dose on Saturday. Do you think this will cause a big problem? I have no one to care for the tank while I am away.

Update: Well the pleco seems to be doing great. I came back from my trip to find him still alive and the white patches are almost completely gone. He still has a tiny bit of white on his head, but that appears to be disappearing too. If it is gone by the time I get home from work, I will does 1 more day with Maracyn. I think he's going to pull through though. :)

I've been busy lately and haven't been on the forums much, but I just wanted to update this thread to say the pleco has made a full and complete recovery. Thanks everyone for your advice and support!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom