More Problems.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ugh so now one of my goldfish appear to have whitish looking spots on the fin. ( had to really examine him... thought it was just a reflection where his fancy fin bends) Definitely not ick. They are Due for a PWC tomorrow... the bad news is I cannot do Large PWC and keep the temp close... Seeing I am keeping it a little under 70 since everyone says they like cold water.
SO I have a couple ideas and been trying to research on my own but Im not confident in making important treatment decisions just yet since I still have a lot to learn.

the spots look a little fuzzy and fungus like. I thought about using the tank water or at least to fill my 10g QT or at least 50% of it. I was trying to cycle the qt. I thought I may could treat him with daily PWC and salt in the QT?? I also have a bottle of quick cure which I heard can work for fungus? Idk.... :banghead::banghead: I need advice.

Should I raise the temp in their display tank? I think the current water change with the python could be the culprit bc my water is over 80 out of the tap. I don't know how to keep their tank cool... I may have to heat it to about 75 anyways to be able to keep the temp closer with PWC. I don't have enough ice to handle 50% of a 55g...

Sorry for so many questions. Im just not confident enough to make these decisions on my own yet. Thank you guys for your help :):angel:

Oh and He does tend to lay at the bottom of the tank.... which worried me at first but i figured that is the way he rests since ive seen the others do it at times. He just does it a little more but swims around when it's time to eat or anything else... he is always nipping at tank decor and searching for food otherwise... his poop is definitely not white. LOL

Here's a video of him. U can't even really see the fuzzy stuff. It's on the back fin on his left side

Back
Top Bottom