moss wall/floor?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keenfish

Aquarium Advice Regular
ive seen on ebay people selling kits to turn your back in to a moss wall along with other things so im wondering does any one have this, how they got/get on with it, any advice, how long did it take to grow, do you need a co2 kit and any pictures sorry for all the Q in one but i really like this

Thanks for posting this question. I am planning to start a 5 gal planted with shrimp and wondering the same thing. I plan to use a yeast DIY CO2 system because it is such a small tank and I think that will be sufficient. Sorry I can't help much, but interested in the responses from others.

I've toyed with a DIY Java Moss wall, but I've heard they attract all kinds of debris and require frequent cleaning to keep them looking good.

Moss Wall

CO2 depends on what moss you want to grow. Java Moss, not needed. Christmas or Flame Moss, maybe. Star Moss--not recommended, not aquatic :)

Cleaning would appear to be an issue with that set-up, but it looks nice when its grown in.

Back
Top Bottom