Most beautiful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
In your opinion what is the most beautiful species/variety of freshwater fish in the hobby (or even not available in the hobby :) )?

to me it has to be German Blue Rams!

I would have to say black ghost knives, though their beauty isn't the bright colors/shiny scales kind of beauty. Rather, their eerie looks combined with their graceful way of moving around the tank makes them breathtaking in a way an angel or discus could never be. But then, I am also biased. :p My BGK is the apple of my eye.

Veiltail comets and ryukins, totally biased. What's not to love.
img_656888_0_6bb43365a050405479e5349b1d264024.jpg

i like my dicsus. :)
i have other favorites. and ithink they are all cool and beautiful in there own way.
but i think just the intense color and lines on the discus are awsome.
the way they look in certain lights like one they will have white lines, then blue or green.
its soo coool
lol

My discus are my favorites, followed by the GBR's the my angels. But I love all my fish and think they are all beautiful.

Isn't she beautiful? She's getting ready to drop her 3rd set of eggs. She's been laying every 3-4 weeks.

This is her with her baby brother that I got at the same time.
75g139.jpg

Black Ghost Knives followed by pearl colored angels, lastly lionfish which is tied for third with eels ^^ I like 'em exotic or just plain different.

Lwb, what exactly do you do with all those fry and youngins? Do you just supply them to any buyers locally? It just seems like you are having such success with your GBR's that you should have millions of those little babies around ^^

LOL....

And this was just my first attempt at breeding, lol. It's not my fault the water here is perfect for them, lol. Not sure what I'll be doing with them. I'm sure I have a few months before they are big enough to either sell of send to people.

Here's my 2nd most favorite fish. I have 2 of them, Flash is 12" and Flame is 13"
eels1.jpg

eels1.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^
I've always had difficulty feeding these fish - they never seem interested in anything I give them.
the fact that they are nocturnal doesn't help much either.

anyways....goldfish, black ghost knife, angelfish and discus are IMO the most beautiful fish.
they are many colours!

Wow thats a big fish lol. I dont buy fish without researching them. I try not to get in over my head lol.
As pretty as they are, they're a little over my head, therefor i dont wnat one lol.

As for feeding, mine will only eat frozen bloodworms. They do get some frozen brine shrimp when I mix them, but won't touch the frozen brine shrimp when alone. I also feed right after lights out when the moonlights come on. They come right up to me begging and eat right from my fingers. They are real pigs, lol. But most of the time I just pour the bloodworms down a tube to the bottom of the tank so the current doesn't scatter them all over the place.

awwwwww.. my favourite is my spiny-nosed eel, whats a tripper!
and my upside down catfish cos they are so queeeeeeeer

I'd have to say the Discus as well. But I'm too much of a newbie to have one in my tank. Maybe someday... :)

Back
Top Bottom