Moving an eel out of the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Salttanker

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all -

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I know I can always count on you guys to help. I am in the process of moving locally and need to break down my 120g tank. I have moved several times, but this will be the first eel I have ever moved and I want to make sure I remove him safely.

Is there an easy way to catch him and put him in something until the tank is ready at the other house? The two houses are 5 miles apart, so the distance won't be a factor.

Thanks again all, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Mike

Also, what type of eel? I do not like using nets due to abrasion unless it is the kind mostly made of plastic, but most eels can be easily corralled into a container and then transferred into a bucket. I would fill the bucket so that the water line is 2" above his body and make sure the bucket has a secure lid ;)

Thanks all. The eel was safely moved in a 16 gallon tupperware tub last night. Sorry for the delay..I have been moving all week and saved the best for last. These moves are never easy! Happy Holiday's!

Regards,

Mike

Back
Top Bottom