Mr. rY's JBJ 28g NANO-CUBE CF-QUAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heres an update

image-777069260.jpg

image-930841946.jpg

image-4269466294.jpg

Pretty much the same. No addition yet just watching my corals grow, its 5 months now gonna be 6 months on sept 26. I dont have much to say, umm oh yea my frogspawn has officially 4 heads and one of them is splitting so its going to be 4 heads! So excited about that. And my toadstool are getting bigger, i need advice on how to frag since im going to need it or else its going to take over my tank. At this stage coraline algae is starting to cover rocks and the back wall, everything is thriving. I havent upgraded yet on any parts of the cube, just been busy, still using regular charcoal, change sponge once a month. Oh yea one question guys when do i rinse the ceramic rings or just leave it there forever?

Dude the tank looks awesome and the clowns have gotten huge :)

In my opinion I'd say get rid of the ceramic rings if you have live rock... Ceramic rings and bio balls can never amount to the filtration you get from your live rock... I don't have any bio media in my tank just the live rock.

Nice to see you post again! Been a while! Looks good. Don't frag yet let it grow will be even better if you let it take it's course. Yeah coral growth!!!!!!

Thanks guys! :). Craig if i take out the rings, what am i gonna put in there? I have filter floss and liverock pieces on top section, charcoal in the middle, and rings at the bottom.

image-3288693589.jpg
Just want to ask you guys whats in this picture thats look like grass growing on the rock. I dont think ita hair algae since its only on that spot and i have hermits and turbos.

Mr. rY said:
Just want to ask you guys whats in this picture thats look like grass growing on the rock. I dont think ita hair algae since its only on that spot and i have hermits and turbos.

Looks like hair algae. How long you keep your lights ON?

Mr. rY said:
8 hrs/day i have cf-quad that came with the tank

Try to cut the hours. With my tank i noticed a reduction of the algae after i reduced the hours of my lights. We have the same tank but i already mod it to 24 leds

Rearranged my 7-month old marine tank heres the pic

image-202857402.jpg

Follow me instagram user: mister_ry for more pic ;)

Thanks khij. @craig nothing change really. Im just in a war right now with hair algae which i think im losing lol.

Ah man I hate algae... Biggest pest for reef junkies!!! I got myself some pretty cool orange sponges... Have had then now for about a month and they seem to be doing good.

image-38523922.jpg

Ah man I hate algae... Biggest pest for reef junkies!!! I got myself some pretty cool orange sponges... Have had then now for about a month and they seem to be doing good.

Love orange sponges, just too scared to try one. :/ Your torch doesn't sting and bother the sponge right next to it? Just curious

Nope was originally worried about that myself. But the torch doesn't bother it and it doesn't bother the torch... Color is great and it seems to be growing... Of course once a day I blast a bit of water on them with a turkey baster to make sure that none of the pores get clogged with dirt... Apparently that is the number 1 reason for sponges dying in captivity.

Nope was originally worried about that myself. But the torch doesn't bother it and it doesn't bother the torch... Color is great and it seems to be growing... Of course once a day I blast a bit of water on them with a turkey baster to make sure that none of the pores get clogged with dirt... Apparently that is the number 1 reason for sponges dying in captivity.

I didn't know that! My LFS had 1 once, was to scared to get it and next time, it was sold.

Back
Top Bottom