Mr. rY's JBJ 28g NANO-CUBE CF-QUAD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@kvark: they stay at the back when the light is off idk y.
@craig: im planning to get one the biocube wave maker. I need someone to tell me if its good though

Hmm well I use the Resun Waver 2000 and it has been great. Gives out a nice flow of water for my anemones.

A wavemaker is a must in my opinion cause for one it gives the corals good oxygen flow, the fish love it cause they feel more like in their natural environment, and it keeps the water flowing through the tank so very little dirt settles without been filtered.

The Vortec wavemakers are the best cause they have got somany neat features and not to mention they just look cool cause they are wireless but they can be quite expensive.

Just got my API reef test kit, phospate is 0, but calcium is low which is between 300-400 should i dose for calcium? If so, which would you guys recommend? Thanks a bunch!

Well most people have it on the side of the glass facing the water surface. But I think you have to just keep changing the angle and see what works best in your tank cause the rock work in each tank is different and it will effect the flow of the water... If it is an adjustable wavemaker I would say to reduce the flow and have it pointed on at the liverock to blast off any dirt settled on or under the live rock...

Oh shoot do they look like this

View attachment 95302

View attachment 95303

These were a type of colonial hydride in my tank and I took me months to get rid of. They spread all over. I had to introduce a sea slug and a hermit. They did mist of the work for me. I used to also brush my glass and rock etc. Wherever they were and syphon them out. Be sure to syphon while brushing so you can get as many out cause even a small prices settling somewhere else will start them up again...

Hard to say dude there are somany organisms that could grow in a marine environment. Could be a nuisance organism or it could be a harmless filter feeder.

Try and get in touch with Carey on the forum chat or somin cause she helped me with my hydra when no one knew what it was. If not try and fish out a sample and take it to your fish store may be they might know what it is.

Good luck with identification... Keep me posted hopefully it is nothing to worry about.

:) unfortunately can't help you with that dude haven't got any experience with live corals...

Back
Top Bottom