Multiple plant questions with pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm still trying to figure out the whole plant thing I've learned quit a bit from where I started but still need some help
Right now I have a 29g with a dual t5 light fixture and a aquaclear 70.
I have 8 pristella tetras, 6 cardinal tetras, 4 corys, 4 otos, 1 dwarf flame gourami, and 5 algae eating shrimp.
My plants include 2 anubius nanas, 2 java ferns, 1tiger lotus, 1 crypt Wendtii red, 1 echindorus grandifolious, 1 red ozelot sword, and a banana plant.
I dose my tank with regular flourish once a week, seachem iron everyday( just got a iron test kit so I'll know if that's sufficient or not) and excel everyday. Now that you have a little info on my setup I'll post my pics with my questions.
img_1967310_0_70e145189511b99ba97637c829c4bc5a.jpg

Here's a full shot of the tank
img_1967310_1_5306887507246e814bea84e1efd9dadd.jpg

The yellow leaf is just sprouted but is that a flower bulb beside it or did it just pop out two leaves at the same time? And is the yellow from a deficiency?
img_1967310_2_0b2274eb9789bef7b26961ceb9b6c5b7.jpg

This is a flower bulb on my ozelot will it bloom under water cause it's stopped growing at that height
img_1967310_3_3965d3a54c39e00cc47e39ef0db3590e.jpg

This is my Wendtii red are those the color of the leaves or is this the crypt melt I've heard of? its been in my tank for two weeks and I haven't noticed any rotting of any kind. And are the leaves supposed to be curled looking like that or is it a deficiency?
These are the leaves of my banana plant these leaves are a couple weeks old but that start to get these thin spots am I correct that it's a potassium deficiency on this one?
img_1967310_4_7e4c6700d54da95965cfd8744a2c488e.jpg

And here is the last one this is the second anubius I bought I got it from a different store I got the other one from its never reached the darker green like my other that's buried in the substrate and it really doesn't seem to be developing any roots it's tied on with fishing line am I doing some thing wrong with it? If you have any recommendations on anything I'm doing wrong please let me know like I said I'm still new and am learning

And I forgot to add that I have 10 assassin snails in the tank as well

I have the exact set up. I'm new to plants too, but I've learned so far that some will go through adjustment periods and some do well from the start. I love swords, and they do really well with root tabs. I also use a basic liquid fert. I can't believe the difference that the duel t5ho make.
Btw, I love your driftwood. I'm constantly looking for that "perfect piece"..
I'm following:popcorn:

1.- looks like a second leaf to me.
2.- I'm not sure about the flower bulb
3.- the cript looks normal to me, will develop more leafs as the brown-red ones, this plant won't grow to fast.
4.- the anubias will develop roots slowly

1) Two shoots, and Anubias leaves are normally yellow when they start to develop. (atleast mine are, and i have several different types). watch the leaves when they develop, if they are yellow then you have a deficiency.

4)Roots will develop over time.

Do you think I have any deficiencies though I don't know how to check for everything in the water yet

from the pictures i dont see anything that could be a deficiency. just look at the plant leaves when they are fully developed, after a month or so of the tank being set up. How long has the tank been set up and when did you put the plants in?

It's been set up for probably 7 or 8 months I've been adding plants since the first day I set the tank up I've probably had my banana plant since a month after my setup was started

Another question I have is my crypt came in a pot when I took it out of the pot did I plant it right or should I have tried to seperate and spread it alittle

The new leaves on your crypt are darker because you are dosing iron. You will notice it will get lighter if there is less iron in your tank.

And yes you can break off pieces of the crypt at the rhizome to create new plants. I found my crypts love root tabs. If I have root tabs under them they never melt.

Back
Top Bottom