My 125 build.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
IMG_1384.JPGIMG_1385.JPGIMG_1386.JPG
After about 2 weeks of cycling one week with fish just did water change yesterday.

Or is this normal. It's been a while since I had to cycle a tank

That's a lot of ammonia to have fish. Anything over 0 is bad. Add prime if you have it. It's supposed to detoxify ammonia and nitrite. There are also filter media options that are supposed to absorb ammonia from the water column. I know Fluval makes one. I agree water changes are a big part of keeping it down. It will level off in time. What kind of fish are in it?

I just have cheap feeder fish on there for now. I will do at least a 50% water change again today.

Did water change ammonia is almost gone after I ran for about a day later. Water is super clear and these two fish follow each other non stop they never leave each other alone. IMG_1406.JPGIMG_1407.JPGIMG_1409.JPG

auratus cichlids, bumblebee cichlids and Pictus catfish added today

Gaaahhh u got auratus? They are known to be some of the most aggressive mbuna there are. Bubblebees are good and hardy so they'll be fine probably. Try some red zebras or blue zebras depending on what colors u want. Don't mix them unless u want hybrid off spring. Stay away from docile species like labs and ull have a nice hyper aggressive tank. Lots of energy and excitement for sure but keep an eye out for ripped fins and be prepared to have a hospital tank ready for any fish that need a time out or need time to heal. I run an extra filter on my tank that I can take off and run for my hospital tank when needed. That way the filter has mature bacteria ready to go whenever

Back
Top Bottom