My 29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just lookin around at carbon and gfo online and saw chemipure elite. It says that it's carbon and gfo mixed. Couldn't I just use it instead of a reactor? Or could I run it in a reactor? If not what should I run in the reactor?

I got a Mini-Jet 606 for my Phosban Reactor 150. If you’re going to run GFO you can get by with the 404, since it is supposed to have lower flow than the bioplastics I’m running. I wish my 606 had just a little more flow than it does. If you go with one of the other reactors I’m not sure what pumps they recommend.

And yes, you can run Chemi-Pure Elite in a reactor. I have heard some recommendations for it from sources I really trust. I’m not sure exactly how it compares to running straight GFO, though. I plan on running it, either as a second stage in the same reactor or in a second reactor. I just haven’t decided which way to do it yet.

Okay. I'll probably do gfo and chemipure elite in a phosban 150. Then just carbon in my powerfilter, or more chemipure?

Goin to my lfs soon for RO/DI water. Any suggestions on livestock? I really want some other shrimp to replace my lost cleaner. :(

Just came back from my lfs with a tail spot blenny and a soft coral that I forgot the name of! Anthelia? I think? It looks a little like a gsp but blue

Anthelia is nice :) Fast growing, lots of movement. Doesn't really look like gsp (except maybe the polyps). You should see distinct stalks with polyps with 8 leafy like things (great terminology huh). There are different varieties but shouldn't stray too much from looking like this:

anthelias.jpg

It actually looks more like a flower lot but blue. It doesn't look like a Xenia at all either. It's polyps are a lot shorter and smaller. I'll get a pic up later when my lights are on. ;)

This is what mine looks like.

Attachments

• image-2509732573.jpg
    image-2509732573.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 116
My bicolor blenny is the least shy fish in my tank. He swims out in the open and all over the rocks, and even goes after the food that my blue tang usually beats everyone to. He’s really fun to watch.

Has yours come out and stopped hiding yet? I’m sure he’ll be a lot of fun when he does.

Hes starting to come out!! Whenever I go towards the tank he jumps into the a little crevice. But if I stay by the tank for a while he comes out. Very entertaining fish!!

I love how he swims!!! Its like a hummingbird almost. Like how hummingbirds fly and just stop in place! Like a mandarin kind of

Forgot to add them :)

Attachments

• image-3655210700.jpg
    image-3655210700.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 126
  • image-1453229339.jpg
    image-1453229339.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 120
  • image-1047797930.jpg
    image-1047797930.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 131
What would be a good quiet pump to run a brs reactor? They say the cobalt maxi jet but it's 30 bucks

I got my Mini-Jet 606 on Amazon for around $20. It works great, and you can't hear it at all.

You can see how I am now running both bio plastics and chemi-pure elite now.

image-1055536270.jpg

Ok cool! I was thinking of running brs carbon and gfo in it. Isnt chemipure elite carbon and gfo?

Back
Top Bottom