My 29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think im gonna try and move the mandarin to a 5 gallon for a week or so or however long it takes to get him completely on frozen for sure. If that doesnt work, hes goin back to the fish store. Im not liking the idea of starving him at all...

Ive got an extra little in tank filter so im gonna siphon water down to the little tank and pump it back up

Im worried about something going wrong with the siphon or pump failing so im just gonna keep it separate. I have a little betta heater layin around that will do the trick.

I had some baby brine shrimp that i froze from the last time i hatched em and the mandarin is eating! Ill give him some probably 3 times today and then mix in a little cyclopeeze tomorrow!

Side note from the mandarin(who seems to be breathing heavily at the moment), i havent put a pic of my GBTA up yet!! What am i thinking!! Here it is lol!

Attachments

• image-1755432757.jpg
    image-1755432757.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 67
Its about the size of a baseball now! I put the mandarin back in the main tank because he was breathing very fast and wouldnt eat anymore. :( and sadly i saw a big dent where his belly should be :(. Hes gonna go back to the fish store. I think after i give my tank a little time for the pods to repopulate, im gonna try a fat little target mandarin. Supposedly they are easier to train. Im gonna start him off in quarantine though so ill have a better chance to get him on frozen

I didnt take him back now because hes doing good now and he is going in the diner and eating tons of baby brine shrimp. But i took some underwater shots with my life proof case.

Attachments

• image-324357954.jpg
    image-324357954.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 159
  • image-3436981751.jpg
    image-3436981751.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 150
  • image-844927848.jpg
    image-844927848.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 152
  • image-67540918.jpg
    image-67540918.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 145
  • image-1893184431.jpg
    image-1893184431.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 159
I accidentally left a bottle of phyto out of the fridge over night. Is it still good?

If it smells sour, toss it. I read up on phyto recently as I was feeding it often and found its basically a bottle of phosphates.

I stopped adding it and my algae went away swiftly. May have been coincidence.

It smelled kinda bad right when i opened it. Very strong smell. I just started dosing about a week ago to help my pod and mysis population. I havent seen a difference in algae yet and my phosphates remain at 0 so i dont see a problem yet. I have heard that it can be bad if you use too much. Thanks!

Also, im going to get new t5 bulbs tomorrow. Its been about 8 months so its probly time. Im gonna get giesemanns i think. Im probly doing 2 of the aquablue plus(60/40 mix of 220000 and 6600k), one pure actinic which is supposed to be more purple and one actinic plus. Any comments or different ideas?

Back
Top Bottom