My 29 gallon reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bubbles0oO said:
Can we get a full tank shot? Id love to see how its progressed! ( been reading from the beginning )

Here's the FTS!

Attachments

• image-1497240631.jpg
    image-1497240631.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 232
TigerBarbs said:
I think I just saw live mysis in my tank!!! I just put a little bit of fresh hatched baby brine shrimp into the tank and they started scurrying around and I thought they were amphipods. I saw some of those by my mushrooms and I looked closer and saw some little mysis too I think!!! One of my peppermint shrimp has eggs. It couldn't be baby peppermint. Could it?

They are definitely mysis!! I got one out of the cup with crushed LR and mushroom pieces I fragged. I sucked it out with a syringe and I told my mom that these are the frozen things I feed my fish. She was amazed lol. She said it looks like a brine shrimp.

Khij159753 said:
How's your tank doin?

Its doin pretty good! I lost a frag of zoas that finally startin making a mat on the rock. And im losing my other colony. My params are fine and all my other corals are fine. I think i have a little pest eatin em. Just started dosing b-ionic 2 part last week too. My nems keep movin and its annoying! I love them though.

Just got my fishneedit light fixture!! It's a 4 bulb 96 watt t5 HO fixture! 2 actinics and 2 10000k daylights. Very impressed with it!! The first pic is actinics, then daylights, then both.

what brand is that t5 light ive been looking for it for a while but never found it

So excited right now! Just bought a green mandarin!! Hes acclimating right now. My favorite fish of all time i think and i finally have one! I also got reef caviar because a buddy at my lfs told me that would bey best bet to try to get him on prepared food. I have tons of pods and mysis though too. I am aware they can decimate a tank of pods but i have a buttload!

He's doing pretty good! He was a little skinny when i got hime but im startin to see a little bely coming in i think. I havent seen him eat mysis, reef caviar, or cyclopeeze yet. That doesnt mean he hasnt though. I fed some live baby brine shrimp today so i bet he ate those. Im gonna try to feed those every other day until he starts eating frozen, then try to wean him off of live. Anybody have any tips for me on trying to get him on frozen?

TigerBarbs said:
He's doing pretty good! He was a little skinny when i got hime but im startin to see a little bely coming in i think. I havent seen him eat mysis, reef caviar, or cyclopeeze yet. That doesnt mean he hasnt though. I fed some live baby brine shrimp today so i bet he ate those. Im gonna try to feed those every other day until he starts eating frozen, then try to wean him off of live. Anybody have any tips for me on trying to get him on frozen?

A breeder box. Put him in one of those and shoot frozen food in it. Get the largest one or even better get an HOB breeder box and a rio 100 and add some sand and rubble then feed frozen in there. After he starts eating frozen you can put him back in the main tank and you can turn the breeder box into a refugium.

I got net breeder and put him in there for a day but couldnt stand seeing him swimming up and down the side wanting out. I put some food in there but he wouldnt touch it in the 24 hrs he was in there. Should i try again and put live baby brine in there or do strictly frozen?

TigerBarbs said:
I got net breeder and put him in there for a day but couldnt stand seeing him swimming up and down the side wanting out. I put some food in there but he wouldnt touch it in the 24 hrs he was in there. Should i try again and put live baby brine in there or do strictly frozen?

Try live Copepods mixed with live baby brine then live Copepods with frozen brine, then use less Copepods and more brine each time. The large hob breeder is pretty large and it should be instantly cycled since it is attached to your system. They make a great refugium afterwards too

I havent had the chance to get copepods yet but i just saw him gulping down the live baby brine so i thought, lets throw in a somecyclopeeze with it. He was eating the cyclopeeze too!!!!! Yay!! Its not done yet, but im gonna start slowing the brine down and hopefully i will have gotten him to all cyclopeeze!

The GBTA is doing great today! Hes opening up a little more and accepted some mysis/cyclopeeze/reef caviar mix.
In attempt to get my clowns to host, i taped a pic of clowns hosting a GBTA to the side lol. This may sound crazy but i saw some great success very fast on either reef central or 3reef. Right after i taped it, they showed a little more interest in the nem, but havent hosted, yet...

TigerBarbs said:
The GBTA is doing great today! Hes opening up a little more and accepted some mysis/cyclopeeze/reef caviar mix.
In attempt to get my clowns to host, i taped a pic of clowns hosting a GBTA to the side lol. This may sound crazy but i saw some great success very fast on either reef central or 3reef. Right after i taped it, they showed a little more interest in the nem, but havent hosted, yet...

Great! Sounds like it is doing well. We got ours to host by dropping some food into the nem. When one of the clowns chased it, he went right into it and that got him hooked!

Cool! Now i got a new "problem" my mandarin wont go in the diner at all, my nassarius and hermit crabs always take the food. Any other ideas on getting him food?

I put food in a jar for my scooter blenny. He's the only one that'll go in there I you tilt it a little so snails and hermits don't go in.

Thats what i tried. Melevsreef did it and calls it a diner so i just called it a diner but he wont go in.

Back
Top Bottom