My 40 breeder reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! The Duncan is doing well now that I cut off the receding part.

Good to hear, once they are happy they are fast growers. Target feed them if you want them to grow faster. Mine started with three head and last count it was up to 11 with another 2 babies starting. I've had it maybe 7 months and one month it completely closed because a clown fish I had was trying to host it or something.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Should I put this stomenella snail back in my tank.

dont see why not he's harmless and good for your CUC

Originally Posted by bgmann12
I got a blood red fire shrimp today!
I very rarely see mine unless he comes out to eat , I see my skunk shrimp a lot more as he is a lot more social , my fire shrimp nested in my long tentical nem that hangs out on the back wall of my tank behind the rocks ,
wish it would come back out to the front of my tank as it's too nice looking to hide

I heard that they hide a lot but the cave he hangs out in is in the front of the tank with a good view, so it really doesn't matter that much.

Any tricks on finding shrimp? I thought that all the hiding places in my tank were visible but I woke up this morning and I couldn't find him. I haven't seen him all day.

I have been trying to catch a hitchhiker crab for a few weeks and will occasionally put in a piece of raw shrimp or scallop in a jar, so far all I have caught are my hermits and my sexy shrimp. Maybe you could try a small piece on a skewer to draw him out to make sure he is ok, just don't leave it in there too long and mess with water chemistry. Hope he is okay!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I moved some rocks today and still haven't found him! That is an expensive shrimp to just disappear like that.

Is it possible it died and the cuc ate him leaving no remains?

mine like I said in a earlier post almost always hides and I don't see him much ,
I only see him when he gets hungry they like to hide in the rocks , you may have better luck finding him at night after lights out with a flash light as they are more night goers

Tagging along. I love the 40 breeders and always like to look at different ones as I have one. Anyway we can get an updated FTS?

Looking good. That shrimp can hide very well. My guess would be that it's under a rock.

I love your 40 Paul87 I want mine to look something like yours someday.

Back
Top Bottom