My 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sarcothelia said:
I don't even touch hydroids when they're in my tanks. Had them in every tank I've had so far and they die off every time. Seriously add in live rock...makes cycling a lot easier. Just add it all in to be honest. In a 5 gallon tank, it would take less than a minute to take out ll of the live rock and nuke off any pests.

But yea...My advice...add in some live rock, add in a shrimp (preferably pure ammonia if you can find it) , and don't change the water until the cycle is well on its way. Good luck!

That's a complete different situation. You see hydroids sting, with big fish it may not be a problem, but with dwarf seahorses (1-2 inches big) it may be fatal. They also eat their food (they eat Copepods and BBS).

Ibrahim said:
@Dylan, if you are going to Washington D.C stop an LFS In Glen Burnie Named House of Tropicals. It's my favorite LFS so far.

Awesome! Ill look it up! My uncle said he's been there and it's amazing! Thanks!

Ibrahim said:
My favorite is their shark tank.

Couldn't go :/ It was like 45 minutes away from the house and we had to go. Bummer. Maybe next time when I go back in the summer.

Great News! Picked up the black sand and 2 pieces of LR from that marine super store near here. THEY HAVE CORAL MANIA! I'm sorry I didn't take pictures there, I'll take them next time. LOL, they had one baby maroon clown (size of a pea) in a 200 gallon tank. :) They had some awesome fish! A lot of clownfish hosting different anemones/frogspawns as well! I saw some really cute gobies. (by the way how big do red headed gobies get?) They had some cool FW fish as well. (stingrays, cray fish the size of my HEAD, etc) When I get around to setting up my bio cube (maybe around october) I'll buy corals from there, they had a section 15$ a coral! And they were NICE! (some names I've never heard of!)
The LR was sadly overpriced, $9.00 a pound. </3 I did however, buy two pieces. It was filled with coraline so the purple really stands out in the new black sand. I did get scammed by live sand :( I knew it was stupid ,but it was the only black sand there. (30$ live sand, it came with a lot though)

TANK CHANGES:
I ripped off that blue background-it was really irritating me. I added black sand and the two coraline covered pieces of LR. Im beginning to actually LIKE my tank, now if it will only cycle:). I'll post some pictures up in a couple minutes, just as soon as I clean up the mess I made/..

A little foggy but should clear up soon. (I also took out the filter. The new one should be arriving some time this week)

Attachments

• DSC00231.jpg
    DSC00231.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC00232.jpg
    DSC00232.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 140
Yeah I think that's him. I wanted to look for a small nano fish (like 1"). If not I'll just get 1 sexy shrimp in the future.

:D! I forgot! You think he would be okay in a 5 gallon? It's on a maybe, mostly because of the cost, and since this is my frost SW setup I would be to scared to try anything more than 60$. :b

Where was the store at? Because if it's corals for 15 I'll go to the store first thong tomorrow lol.

I probably would be okay with putting one in a 5G.

Come on down to the Sunshine State Ibrahim, the store I went to today had frags for around $6!

My tanks salinity seemed to have went down a little. (.016) How can I raise it? (top off with salt water?)

Back
Top Bottom