My 5 gallon dwarf seahorse tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The filter I got is WAY to big for my tank. I'll bring it back to petco on Friday. If I can go.

Too powerful or too obtrusive?

I think the filter I'm about to post is on petco, so if you can use the card online try this guy.. oops nvm. Have you looked at the Penguin 100?

It was just WAY to big in size. I liked the filter I had, but it's flow was to strong. If I put some filter floss around the intake will it make a difference.?

I just spent the last hour trying to get this dumb power filter to work. It just wouldn't work! I finally found out that I didn't wash the filter out after I tossed it aside. (salt dried up in where the filter propellor goes) I washed it out and after about 2 minutes it began to work. I'm not sure if the flow is less ,but I think it is. . Pictures will be up tomorrow because my tank looks ugly(er) due to all the little up lifted sand and what not flying around. I'm waiting for it all to settle. In a half an hour I'll take a parameter test though.

Ammonia: over .25 close to .50
Nitrite: over 0 ! There's a purple tinge! :)
Nitrate: I couldn't find the third vial. ...

Last edited:
Nope. I saw a type of worm (really small), which I expected to be a bristle worm on the car ride home. But no haven't seen anything. 0_o

iDream said:
Ahem, pg 43 :)

Now that I look at those again, I notice we share the same heater haha

Oh. The app pages are different. And cool. The one thing that annoys me about nano heaters is they usually don't have a temperature adjust knob. :/

Back
Top Bottom