My 55 planted build!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sorry to hear that

so sorry to hear about your angel, that sucks

you will be ESTATIC about the plants from peabody's he is the freaking best. having now ordered from so many different suppliers im pretty used to getting dried out, limp, or just mushy plants. i have too had some really good plants come, but never anything like the box from Peabody's paradise ! so excited to see pics when you get them :brows:

:popcorn:

well I lost one of my angel's :'( I don't know what happened or why... nothing else in tank died.. now the other one is all alone lol
plants from Peabody's should be here friday! can't wait!
I'll post pic when i add to tank! (not good at scaping)
also the BBA is much better! I did some major trimming, lowered light period to 4 hrs, and tweaked glut and PPS-Pro..
now that it's better, can I put lights back up to 5 or 6 hrs?
Btw, having lights on a timer is the best!!

Last edited:
If I'm giving plants a 20 minutes soak I usually do 1 part peroxide to 4 parts water.

ForumRunner_20130816_203657.jpg

need some scaping advice! cloudy from WC.. fitting on python broke so water isn't as high as it should be!.

yes I'll look into tds... I'd love to get RO unit! baby steps.. :)

Put the same plants in groups so they make a visual statement which they can't if you plant one here and one there. Also when planting groups put plants with different shaped leaves and colors next to each other so they stand out from one another and don't blend into one big blob of similar shaped plants. It's not hard once you get the hang of it.

If the cloudy water is from a WC it should clear up pretty quick.

i know im over thinking this!! so thanks for answering my questions.. so maybe group the wisteria together in middle..a nd then have the ludwigia in from b/c of the different color?
Should i bring vals closer together? and have the hygro temple on right side and keep amazon swords of left?!?
Thanks again!
and i wish i bought more plants Lol :)

can't decide if i should leave DW off center or move more in the middles!?! any thoughts out there!?!

can't decide if i should leave DW off center or move more in the middles!?! any thoughts out there!?!

Move it towards the center. If you divided the tank width into thirds, move it to about 1/3. Hope that makes sense. I know there is a formula out there (the ratio 1:1.6 comes to mind for some reason) for placing features off center.
I found that Bacopa caroliniana is an easy plant to grow and fills in vertically and horizontally when you replant the cuttings. I found some as Petsmart in the little bags with gel.

Move it towards the center. If you divided the tank width into thirds, move it to about 1/3. Hope that makes sense. I know there is a formula out there (the ratio 1:1.6 comes to mind for some reason) for placing features off center.
I found that Bacopa caroliniana is an easy plant to grow and fills in vertically and horizontally when you replant the cuttings. I found some as Petsmart in the little bags with gel.

ok i'll get some of that too! thanks!!!

Nah once you get the groupings setup like Janis suggested, it will look more pleasing and once they start growing those open spaces will fill up. It takes time. Or a lot of plants.

well I tried grouping and kept referring to her pic of color groups too!!
post pics when tank settles down!
one of my cories swam in my hand! lol talk about not expecting that feeling on my hand! :-D

that is a nice feeling. it means that the fish don't see you as a threat. are the others swimming up to you like excited puppy dogs? my Discus see me and com flying across the tank for me to hand feed them. My angels do the same, one or two of them even swim into my hand. I can take them out of the water and actually pet them for a few seconds before placing them back in the tank.
D

:banghead::hide:who knew i could be so aquatic scaping challenged!

Don't worry, almost all of us started out the exact same way :) Except for rivercats, all of her tanks were pieces of art as soon as water went in them :D

The plants seem like they take forever to grow in but once they do you will have more than you know what to do with.

I usually don't link to other threads but I made a post a while ago just so people could show off how their aquascaping skills have improved since they entered the hobby. Take a look at it if you'd like.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/post-your-tank-evolution-271475.html

Back
Top Bottom