My 90 gal planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got my micro diffuser in from GLA today.
Scheduled to receive the #5 cylinder, co2 tubing, check valves, and Milwaukee 597 regulator/solenoid soon.
Can anyone think of anything I am forgetting?
Do you normally have to seal everything when assembled or is there usually no issues with leaks?
What type of sealant is used if you do use any? PFTE tape on threaded connections?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got my micro diffuser in from GLA today.
Scheduled to receive the #5 cylinder, co2 tubing, check valves, and Milwaukee 597 regulator/solenoid soon.
Can anyone think of anything I am forgetting?
Do you normally have to seal everything when assembled or is there usually no issues with leaks?
What type of sealant is used if you do use any? PFTE tape on threaded connections?

Drop checker and Teflon tape rated for gas on all threaded connections...
Oh and timers..
Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bubble counter (unless you already mentioned it)
There should be an o-ring or two supplied with the regulator. You need one between the regulator and tank. Else, it will leak.

Bubble counter is on regulator.
I looked at drop checkers but failed to order one...lol (good catch)
I'll pick up Teflon tape if I don't receive o-rings.
I have a zoo med surge protector/timer I will be using but also would like advice on what timers everyone else uses and what makes it the best.

I believe the O-ring is a must. Teflon on the threads IMO cannot make up for a missing o-ring. It should come with the reg.
The bubble counter on the 597 looks nice and sturdy and not like the flimsy plastic on that is shipped with the Aquatek regs.
I'm using two drop checkers. A Fluval (not the purtiest but comes with its on DC fluid) and an all glass one brookster sent me (I also bummed some DC fluid for that from him as well).
I'm pretty sure you will need a timer that handles a three prong plug. A digital one (Woods) comes to mind. I am using a generic rotary style one (tick tick tick) that is in the cabinet (so I don't hear it).

I believe the O-ring is a must. Teflon on the threads IMO cannot make up for a missing o-ring. It should come with the reg.
The bubble counter on the 597 looks nice and sturdy and not like the flimsy plastic on that is shipped with the Aquatek regs.
I'm using two drop checkers. A Fluval (not the purtiest but comes with its on DC fluid) and an all glass one brookster sent me (I also bummed some DC fluid for that from him as well).
I'm pretty sure you will need a timer that handles a three prong plug. A digital one (Woods) comes to mind. I am using a generic rotary style one (tick tick tick) that is in the cabinet (so I don't hear it).

+1 to what info Fresh has offered..

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys. Looking at timers now.

I received my #5 tank today ?
I picked up a GE SunSmart digital timer too.
I like the digital part of it.

Sweet digital timer man.. i wish I had seen this earlier. I have like 24 sitting in a box.. back when I had a fully automated lighting room..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

More new toys today. I still gotta get a drop checker and fill my tank and it's game on.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450157434.675147.jpg

Nice nice! Christmas came early in dales house:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Nice. You won't regret getting Co2. The difference is unbelievable. Just a tip, go to home depot and buy 20 of the size O ring that fits your regulator so that you can switch them out every time you get a refill. They get brittle and crack after a while so its worth switching them out to prevent leakage. Ive found that feeding it into my canister dissolves pretty much 100% of the gas if you're trying to figure out a way to diffuse.

I got one of these. I hope it works well with the setup. Very expensive too for what it is.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1450195752.418502.jpg

Thinking ? , I will put it below the intake of the Fluval 405 and then it would be dispersed throughout the tank thru my DIY spraybar. That should suffice the entire tank without having to create more water movement to spread it throughout.

Thinking ? , I will put it below the intake of the Fluval 405 and then it would be dispersed throughout the tank thru my DIY spraybar. That should suffice the entire tank without having to create more water movement to spread it throughout.

Dale if you decide the diffuser will not work for you,check out the Sera Flora 500 inline reactor...I use this in conjunction with my hydor 250 canister..

sit in silence...

TT how long have you been running the Sera Flora 500?
Have you had any issues with it?
How often does it require maintenance?
I looked at an online unit but read some bad reviews and got scared.
Decided to try the GLA for this setup and see how it works. I hope it works great.
Then I gotta figure out the ferts better.
I got plenty of light on it for sure.

TT how long have you been running the Sera Flora 500?
Have you had any issues with it?
How often does it require maintenance?
I looked at an online unit but read some bad reviews and got scared.
Decided to try the GLA for this setup and see how it works. I hope it works great.
Then I gotta figure out the ferts better.
I got plenty of light on it for sure.

No issues at all to mention Dale...I clean it when I do my monthly tubing cleanse.. Hahaha
CoralBandit also has one or more in use currently..
I'd reccomend to others!:fish2:

Thanks. I seriously thought about an inline unit at 1st. Maybe I'll try it when I pressurize the 20L upstairs and move this GLA diffuser up there.

Back
Top Bottom