My aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you were trying to post a picture as well; it did not show up. But if not, a picture would help. :D

Wow, where to start....... :lol:

1) you need a backing

2) you need to rip out those fake plastic things posing as plants

3) are we allowed to be totally truthful here, I don't want to make you cry

4) you need to put in natural stones and/or driftwood

5) create a theme for your tank and then plan your decor around it

What size is that and what do you have in it for fish?

LyndaB said:

1) you need a backing

Umm.... Geez I want advice not insults lol!! :(

LyndaB said:

1) you need a backing

What size is that and what do you have in it for fish?

It's a 10 gallon tank. With 3guppies, 2 neon tetras, and 2xray tetras.

1) you need a backing

Okay, hmmmmmmmmm, let's phrase things another way.....

1) you need a backing

2) remove plastic plants and perhaps swap with silk or live

3) same as #3 above

4) natural stones and/or driftwood might look nice

Better? (y)

It's a 10 gallon tank. With 3guppies, 2 neon tetras, and 2xray tetras.

You're really going to hate me now. :ermm:

The neons need a larger school, at least 8 and unless your guppies are all one sex, eventually the guppies will crowd the neons out. The tetras need a larger school, at least 8 and require a 20 gallon.

Any change of upgrading in tank size?

LyndaB said:
Okay, hmmmmmmmmm, let's phrase things another way.....

1) you need a backing

2) remove plastic plants and perhaps swap with silk or live

3) same as #3 above

4) natural stones and/or driftwood might look nice

Better? (y)

Yea lol. Thanks. :)

LyndaB said:

The neons need a larger school, at least 8 and unless your guppies are all one sex, eventually the guppies will crowd the neons out. The tetras need a larger school, at least 8 and require a 20 gallon.

Well I'm 13 so I can't just go out and buy a bigger tank.

LyndaB said:

Way to sugar coat it there Lynda :D
I agree though about the stock, do you know what the sex of your guppies are?

Well, then at least you don't have to worry about baby guppies.....I do agree with the others though that the tetras need schools (only about 6-7 though, not 8). Oh, and if it is any consolation, my tank looks worse. Just look at my avatar.

bud29 said:
Well, then at least you don't have to worry about baby guppies.....I do agree with the others though that the tetras need schools (only about 6-7 though, not 8). Oh, and if it is any consolation, my tank looks worse. Just look at my avatar.

Well actually your tank looks much more organized than mine.

Well actually your tank looks much more organized than mine.

The way I see it... if you like the way the tank looks.. who cares what anyone else thinks? Few can start out with their dream tank.. but we make it how we want it and we're the ones who look at it everyday. :) I do agree on stocking issues like keeping tetra's in proper schools.. but everything else is subjective. The key is to have fun and take good care of your critters!

The way I see it... if you like the way the tank looks.. who cares what anyone else thinks? Few can start out with their dream tank.. but we make it how we want it and we're the ones who look at it everyday. :) I do agree on stocking issues like keeping tetra's in proper schools.. but everything else is subjective. The key is to have fun and take good care of your critters!

I agree. if you think it looks like crap, change it! It's your tank. You decide. But if you think your tank looks bad compared to someone else's tank on here (hint: if you don't want to think that, DON'T go to the 'prettiest tanks' thread in the tanks showcase section) that's normal. Some people have been doing this for years and years and years and years. You'll get more experience with aqua-scaping as you go along and pretty soon your tank will look awesome.

bud29 said:
I agree. if you think it looks like crap, change it! It's your tank. You decide. But if you think your tank looks bad compared to someone else's tank on here (hint: if you don't want to think that, DON'T go to the 'prettiest tanks' thread in the tanks showcase section) that's normal. Some people have been doing this for years and years and years and years. You'll get more experience with aqua-scaping as you go along and pretty soon your tank will look awesome.

Thanks so much for the support! I haven't been doing this for years. Other people have. I'll get there someday.

Khalix said:

I wanted to thank you too. For the support and making me inspired!!

Back
Top Bottom