My BioCube 29 gallon journey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also I seem to be having a issue with what looks almost like dust floating all in the watery sand isn't being disturbed by the motor. Could it actually be dust because I have left the hood doors open to help with the temp while the lights are on? It's annoying cause it looks like crap

Could it be microscopic bubbles. Seems to haven gotten worst after I pointed the circulation pumps nozzle up at the top of the tank to get good agitation

22engine said:
Could it be microscopic bubbles. Seems to haven gotten worst after I pointed the circulation pumps nozzle up at the top of the tank to get good agitation

Try moving it a tad lower and wait a little while to see if they go away

Jlsardina said:
Try moving it a tad lower and wait a little while to see if they go away

I put my rotating koralia head back on and it seems a little better. I also shined a light into my third chamber and I see some sand under my circulation pump. I am getting my upgraded one tomorrow So I am going to try and suction out the chamber When I change the pump out.

Ok well the lfs store said I was cycled. The fish made it through. Just did another water change and installed all te goodies that came today. The hydor wave make and koralia 425 along with the 295 gph return pump. I got two clowns and a coral banded shrimp so that will be it for fish for atleast 3-4 weeks. My question is what about corals. I know they aren't really a big bio load like the fish so when does everyone think I can add some. My AL Sol blue is going into the hood hopefully in the morning

Making good progress. Nice to see the cycle complete and livestock going in. Let us know how the led goes. I'm still running stock on mine but can't afford the led quite yet.

I also have a temp problem. Daytime goes up to 82 then night it will drop to 79. I've left the hoods open to let more heat out and I also notice the surface dust but I think its more the grain size of my substrate than anything else.

I think I'll add a more course sub on the top of the other. My blenny makes a mess daily and stirs it all up. So that might help.

View attachment 106567

View attachment 106568

Here is some shots from today. I bought the two clowns together and they are doing great. Not sure how to tell when they are paired but they are always with each other. Even eat together. Was happy to find them together at the store cause it was the combo I wanted.

The other pic is my lavender mushrooms. The guy told me they were hairy mushrooms but live aquaria has a picture and they match lavender mushrooms perfect. There are about 15 different heads and the guy at the store gave me them on the live rock for 25 cause I bought the AL Sol Blues

Reef-master003 said:
Do the clowns ever fight

No I got them together from the same tank and as you can see the Maroon is a lot bigger so there is no doubt who is the boss lol. I know u should mix breads of clowns but these two are always together and never nip at each other. They just float around in the currents. Cool to watch. Def way more active than my fire fish which I rarely see out.

Ftfunnative said:
Here is a schedule that might help you out my friend. I tweaked mine a bit. Hope it helps.

I'm confused so there at 30 35 35 or about 70%? Sorry maybe I'm just reading it wrong.

Ftfunnative said:
Here is a schedule that might help you out my friend. I tweaked mine a bit. Hope it helps.

Ty. Appreciate the help. I emailed tech support to just to see what they same. But I am def starting slow and that chart really helps.

Convict2161 said:
Love the clowns btw... Nice choice.

They are currently in the back hiding together. Hope nothing is going on lol

Good idea on emailing support, let me Know what they say.

So this was a beginning schedule that a fellow blogger post a while back. I think it is just showing what the end goal in mind is and showing peak times for intensity. The numbers don't represent an actual correlation between intensity and the settings that are posted. Does the make sense?

Ftfunnative said:
Good idea on emailing support, let me Know what they say.

So this was a beginning schedule that a fellow blogger post a while back. I think it is just showing what the end goal in mind is and showing peak times for intensity. The numbers don't represent an actual correlation between intensity and the settings that are posted. Does the make sense?

Yea that clears things up a bit. The techs will be able to hook it up 1 2 3 and then you can adjust as you see fit. It's really not that bad so don't stress it. I was stressing when I first got it but now I change it all the time. It's easy trust me. Your gonna love it.

Back
Top Bottom