My clown fish turning black

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ody

Aquarium Advice Regular
My clown fish I bought yesterday are turning black and seem to be fighting with 1 another or pairing I don't no anybody know why thanks

Could just be a young clown that has black clown genes and starting to darken. How big are they? If they are fighting it could be establishing dominance in which case usually the smaller of the two will shake like its having a seizure. If they are larger then it could be two females in which case they will fight to the death.

what type of clowns are they ?

my clarkie turns a darkish color when he is defending his territory
almost like a defense mode to intimidate other fish away

Could just be a young clown that has black clown genes and starting to darken. How big are they? If they are fighting it could be establishing dominance in which case usually the smaller of the two will shake like its having a seizure. If they are larger then it could be two females in which case they will fight to the death.
this is another possibility

or if there 2 different species of clowns they will most likely fight also

Just a pair of common clown fish orange just found it a bit strange how they were getting on

Just a pair of common clown fish orange just found it a bit strange how they were getting on

Is one a bit bigger than the other? Are they both quite small and the same size? That'll determine the answer to your question.

I have a pair of juvi common clowns, two weeks after I introduced them the smaller one started to go darker from the top down.
It's now 3 months later and the same clown has stayed a very much darker colour, it's not gone black but it's definitely blacker than the other.

Yes they are quite small and young but staying at the top of the tank and not really going anywhere else

Back
Top Bottom