My cycling process

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JimmyA said:
I wasn't and still am not having too much luck with plants yet. My new light helps some. Plus my fert tabs help some. Plus I made sugar and yeast in a bottle to make co2 in my tank. Just playing around untill I become a professional... Ha Ha!

I haven't got a clue where to even start with plants so ur lightyears ahead of me in terms of experience with plants lol.

Day 27
Just tested and got
Ammo 0.50ppm
Nitrite 5.0+ppm :(
Gonna top up ammonia to 4.0ppm and hope for some changes tomorrow.

Day 28
Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 5.0+ppm(looks like it's getting lighter tho)
Nitrate 10-20ppm

*edit the nitrate was actually 5-10ppm

Chris22 said:
Day 28
Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 5.0+ppm(looks like it's getting lighter tho)
Nitrate 10-20ppm

Getting lighter = approaching the end. Keep a close eye on pH. This is the phase where the risk of a pH crash is most likely to occur. Break out the bucket and do a 50% pwc if the value drops at all. When the no2 finally drops...it happens quickly, sometimes overnight :)

eco23 said:
Getting lighter = approaching the end. Keep a close eye on pH. This is the phase where the risk of a pH crash is most likely to occur. Break out the bucket and do a 50% pwc if the value drops at all. When the no2 finally drops...it happens quickly, sometimes overnight :)

Yeah it's definitely getting lighter. I'll start testing ph and nitrate daily now then, I've only been doin ammo and nitrite daily and the other two now and again. thanks Eco :)

Day 29
Ph 7.4 high range 7.6
Ammo 0-0.25ppm
Nitrite 5.0+ppm (starting to think my eyes were playing tricks on me yesterday lol)
Nitrate 5-10ppm

Day 30
Ph 7.6
Ammo 0ppm
Nitrite 5.0+ppm
Nitrate 5.0-10ppm
I hope it ain't too long now, getting impatient :( lol

Attachments

• image-2038995108.jpg
    image-2038995108.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 78
You're coming right along , now, Chris, shouldn't be too much longer!

I'd say 30-40 days is about the average time. I think we'll be seeing you posting that little dancing emoticon here in the next few days :)

Chris22 said:
I hope so its been 3weeks since nitrite hit 5.0+ppm :(

If you can convince yourself to do it...a massive pwc to drop the no2 back down may shave off a few days. I'd keep feeding it 4ppm every 24 hours at this point though.

eco23 said:
I'd say 30-40 days is about the average time. I think we'll be seeing you posting that little dancing emoticon here in the next few days :)

I hope so Eco, I don't know how to do the dancing emoticon but I'll find out if I finish my cycle this week lol

eco23 said:
If you can convince yourself to do it...a massive pwc to drop the no2 back down may shave off a few days. I'd keep feeding it 4ppm every 24 hours at this point though.

The thought of that makes my arms ache lol, but if it'll shave a few days off ill do it tomorrow. And I'll keep dosing the ammo up to 4ppm, just dosed it up for tonight :)

Chris22 said:
The thought of that makes my arms ache lol, but if it'll shave a few days off ill do it tomorrow. And I'll keep dosing the ammo up to 4ppm, just dosed it up for tonight :)

Be glad you're not trying to do it with fish...you're arms might have disconnected themselves and moved out, lol. There's some DIY Python ideas out there which may be worth looking into since you can't find one over there.

eco23 said:
Be glad you're not trying to do it with fish...you're arms might have disconnected themselves and moved out, lol. There's some DIY Python ideas out there which may be worth looking into since you can't find one over there.

Yeah I can imagine, at least 50%pwc daily, **** no, not me lol. I was just gonna get a hose pipe, I use my gravel cleaner syphon thing to take the water out the tank, that part I don't mind, it's just the filling bk up that takes the time.

Just google DIY aquarium water changer, there's a bunch of builds out there. If you've got a bit of handiness and a hardware store near by, it should be pretty easy.

eco23 said:
Just google DIY aquarium water changer, there's a bunch of builds out there. If you've got a bit of handiness and a hardware store near by, it should be pretty easy.

Thanks I'll have a look, anything to make the water change easier. :)

My cycle took 35 days, I think, would have to check my records. You are getting close to the end.

Back
Top Bottom