My fish have white spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tianna8999

Aquarium Advice Regular
I’m new to everything. I had two dwarf gourami since day 1 and ended up getting rid of one because it kept billing the other one. The day after i went and got 10 cardinal tetras. I had them in my tank for 2 days and this morning I see white spots on them. My dwarf gourami seems ok and clean. I looked it up google says it’s itch now with a 55 gallon how do I treat that? Or do I have to treat gourami even if he doesn’t seem affectedIMG_4477.jpgIMG_4476.jpgIMG_4475.jpg

Paraguard will help you. All fish are contaminated most likely

Raise the temp to 86 degrees. Raise it two degrees every hour until you hit 86. Add 1 teaspoon of aquarium for every 5 gallons of water. After 4-5 days up the aquarium salt to 1 teaspoon for every two gallons of water. Perform a daily 25% water change with a gravel/substrate vacuum. Continue this until you have 4-5 days with no sign of ich.

This is the best option without medicating your tank. If you feel you have to use medication try rid-ich.

Keep us updated

Back
Top Bottom