My Fish In Cycle :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AndrewsPistol said:
Ha! Soap opera's eh? Lol, no soap opera's for this girl :) Oh man idk what I would do with 2 days off! Last night I sat and thought about what it would be like when I only have to do 1 or 2 wc's a week, Im so used to doing it everyday!

Its just fun to sit back and watch, when you don't have to work on it.

boadams87 said:
Those are very nice

Thanks! I had a hard time choosing! I wanted to start with the thinner ones because i thought I'd get more pieces to build with, the purple ones looked chunkier... I'm afraid all the light colors and the white sand will wash my fishes out. I have a black background, thinking of getting some black blasting sand to mix with the white :)

AndrewsPistol said:
Thanks! I had a hard time choosing! I wanted to start with the thinner ones because i thought I'd get more pieces to build with, the purple ones looked chunkier... I'm afraid all the light colors and the white sand will wash my fishes out. I have a black background, thinking of getting some black blasting sand to mix with the white :)

Ok Gotcha. Its a nice substrate

AndrewsPistol said:
I know... Idk if that is good or bad?! Do you think I should pick up another fish? My husband and I were just wondering if we should.... Im sooo confused! :nono:

Well at least u have a good load in there. I wouldn't do a wc just keep testing

Told ya you can do it!! Doing GREAT!! Keep up the water changes and testing! And +1 on going supporter status ;)

Convict2161 said:
Told ya you can do it!! Doing GREAT!! Keep up the water changes and testing! And +1 on going supporter status ;)

Thank you! How ya doin over there? Ain't seen ya around in awhile :)

So, I'm on day 3 of boiling this Mopani and its still releasing TONS of tannins :/ I wanna get that sucker in the tank! Found a fishstore about 25 min away n rode over there today... They had a pretty bad case if ich in about 40% of they're tanks :( bummer deal but I picked up a couple more cichlid stones so I didn't leave empty handed lol. Fish are happy today and begged for food at feeding time :) It's the only time they come to the top of the tank! Can't wait for my box o' rocks comes in the mail, bought some aquarium silicone so I can get to building! They will b sooo much happier when I can get em some more hiding spots ;)

2 weeks in parameters have not budged. Gonna do a wc and do another test.... Gonna need to purchase another test kit soon, I'm a little obsessive with my testing lol.

Also this Mopani is gonna be the death of me lol, it has turned my house into a sauna! So muggy in here!

Back
Top Bottom