My Fish In Cycle :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
steez said:
Wow. A thread about someone starting up a tank who listened and took advice and kept on the right track. Props to you.

Did the site say how big the pleco was? True baby plecos are tiny and I hope it doesn't get killed by the africans.

@Convict: Those synodontis would never work for me, my africans love my PFS so much and don't like it when bottom dwellers go searchin in their sand haha. The pleco stays up on the glass and out of the way.
My Red Peacock was running out of room for the sand he was moving, the towers were getting so big that the sand would just fall back down. So he was smart enough to start grabbing the sand and taking it over to the circulation pump so it flies away. lol

When I recently got my 125g I lost my pleco(small BN pleco), but just got another one that was about 6" and he does just fine.

Thanks :) it did not, just said juvenile, not sure how small he's gonna be?!

Thanks :) it did not, just said juvenile, not sure how small he's gonna be?!

Hmm. idk. Hopefully 2-3" so he doesn't get picked on too bad!

Who knows, he may be tiny and your fish may just leave him alone. All fish have different personalities! I have a 8" EB Jack Dempsey, 6" Frontosa, 6" Texas Cichlid and 3 ~12" Tinfoil Barbs in with all my Cichlids and it's funny because the little 5" male Kenyi is the boss of the tank. He lets nothing get near the sand in the direct middle, EXCEPT for my Bichir Eel. He'll let him wander around and not touch him.

steez said:
Hmm. idk. Hopefully 2-3" so he doesn't get picked on too bad!

Who knows, he may be tiny and your fish may just leave him alone. All fish have different personalities! I have a 8" EB Jack Dempsey, 6" Frontosa, 6" Texas Cichlid and 3 ~12" Tinfoil Barbs in with all my Cichlids and it's funny because the little 5" male Kenyi is the boss of the tank. He lets nothing get near the sand in the direct middle, EXCEPT for my Bichir Eel. He'll let him wander around and not touch him.

Well I hope it will be ok! I bought 6 neons the other day as dithers and all but one got eaten :/ my Kenyi is a bad a$$ too lol

Don't do neons. You need bigger fish for dithers, fast hardy fish that can actually get away lol. Barbs are good for that. You could get 2-3 tinfoil barbs, or giant danios (not adults). Just be careful not to completely overstock your tank, I don't really know exactly how many fish you have.

steez said:
Don't do neons. You need bigger fish for dithers, fast hardy fish that can actually get away lol. Barbs are good for that. You could get 2-3 tinfoil barbs, or giant danios. Just be careful not to completely overstock your tank, I don't really know exactly how many fish you have.

Yea I def learned my lesson, big time lol. I only have 7 right now :)

I only really scanned through the whole thread, since it's pretty big. So if I repeat anything don't get upset haha.

With African's you'll need to stock the 55 pretty heavy. Before upgrading I had about 15+ in there. It really helps spread the aggression out with the cichlids. You'll need to overfiltrate the system though, so maybe investing into a second AQ 110 instead of that Topfin 60 or maybe a good canister.

Just an fyi! Rock can be bought for much less at your local nursery (Garden and land scape store). My 75g has over 100lbs of rock, total cost $6.

You can see how they look in the Aquarium.

Attachments

• 55547-albums8713-picture34119.jpg
    55547-albums8713-picture34119.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 70
Oh ur totally fine! Yea my lfs has a pretty boring selection so I was kinda wanting to hold off on more fish till I could find some really rad ones but I'm putting my rock work in soon so I'm gonna pick up some more before so the established fish don't claim territories and what not. I have an AquaClear 110 running with the Topfin right now with just sponge and bio rings in it :)

Zaedon said:
Just an fyi! Rock can be bought for much less at your local nursery (Garden and land scape store). My 75g has over 100lbs of rock, total cost $6.

Wow! Score! Nice work! :)

Zaedon said:

Looks awesome

Zaedon said:
I almost ordered the same rocks online for upwards of $100. On a whim I my wife and I stopped by the local landscape store. They had any type of rock you could possibly want for pennies a pound.

Do you have any updated pics?

No, I was gonna build the structures last night but got busy so I'm hoping to get it done tonight! I did go to my local home improvement store but the didn't have any Awesome rocks :/ I live in a very tiny town with terrible selections in things lol. I really need to find my charger for my good camera so I can snap some pics!

No, I was gonna build the structures last night but got busy so I'm hoping to get it done tonight! I did go to my local home improvement store but the didn't have any Awesome rocks :/ I live in a very tiny town with terrible selections in things lol. I really need to find my charger for my good camera so I can snap some pics!

The Home Depot by me (about an hour away) had nothing as well. I live in a small town as well. Have to drive about an hour just to do anything. I like it that way though, lol. The landscaping place we went to was about 35 minutes away. We stopped as it was on our way into town.

Zaedon said:
The Home Depot by me (about an hour away) had nothing as well. I live in a small town as well. Have to drive about an hour just to do anything. I like it that way though, lol. The landscaping place we went to was about 35 minutes away. We stopped as it was on our way into town.

Country living is the best! !!!!

Zaedon said:
Absolutely! I would rather drive an hour to go somewhere than live in the city around all that noise and craziness.

Your so right! And your kids can even pee outside

Zaedon said:

Someone who understands my troubles! Everything is far from me :(

Back
Top Bottom