My fish numbers are so uneven!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nicki Gaga

Aquarium Advice Freak
Basically, of course my fish died over time cuz I've had them for a long time now, so the numbers are really uneven. The only "perfect" number is the neon tetras, because I've got 5 of them. However, I've only got 1 of every other fish:

2 glowlight tetras (okay, besides the glowlight tetras)
1 dwarf neon rainbowfish
1 albino corydoras
1 marbled hatchetfish
1 guppy
1 ancistrus
1 ototcinclus

I want to start my tank anew as soon as possible, like getting other kinds of fish, so I don't want to buy anymore fish at the moment. Should I sell my fish or should I just wait?

It just depends how old the fish/tank are. Personal preference really. I must ask where you got a marbled hatchet though because I have been looking everywhere and can't find any, just have silvers:confused:

It just depends how old the fish/tank are. Personal preference really. I must ask where you got a marbled hatchet though because I have been looking everywhere and can't find any, just have silvers:confused:

I agree. Marbled hathetfish are really rare to find. I live in London and I bought them at Manor Aquatics Centre at Romford Road. It seems like they were limited cuz I've never seen that store sell them before. I guess I was just lucky they were in stock.

Basically, of course my fish died over time cuz I've had them for a long time now, so the numbers are really uneven. The only "perfect" number is the neon tetras, because I've got 5 of them. However, I've only got 1 of every other fish:

2 glowlight tetras (okay, besides the glowlight tetras)

1 dwarf neon rainbowfish

1 albino corydoras

1 marbled hatchetfish

1 guppy

1 ancistrus

1 ototcinclus

I want to start my tank anew as soon as possible, like getting other kinds of fish, so I don't want to buy anymore fish at the moment. Should I sell my fish or should I just wait?

If you like your fish, I would fill out your schools. The Ancistrus could be rehomed, is it a BN Pleco ? I typically recommend 30g and larger for them due to size and amount of poop.

If you want to start over, then you can try selling or giving away the fish you don't want to keep.

Keep an eye on the water tests while you're changing stock in the tank as you may go through a mini cycle from the amount of fish waste reducing and then increasing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom