My Geo has a red spot on his mouth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailingsprout

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407247264.038981.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407247287.279302.jpg

Any ideas what that could be and/or what my level of concern should be?

Is constant concern part of the fun of fish keeping?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like May have resulted from a fight, like a bruise or something. A couple of mine had something similar and they gradually got worse where it started to turn white! I freaked of course. Researched online and found salt treatment to be least expensive and least harmful to treating the tank with everyone in it. 1 teaspoon for every 5 gallons. Did it 3 days ago and they're much smaller, no white, and almost healed. Look it up, seems to be very beneficial actually. After my obsessive googling I "diagnosed" columnaris I think is how it's spelled. I post a forum for it on here. Here's what my started looking like to compare to yours. The 2 photos are the befores - when it looked like a bruise and then with the white. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407293352.958910.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407293384.027964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom