My journey with my new 29 gallon long

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Please tell me you didn't put fish store water in your tank???

If the fish are sick, then they are sick and a little bit of dirty bag water isn't going to make any difference. Not something I recommend, but not a big deal either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

All the cories are healthy and swimming around happily so far. :)

Hi all! Cories are doing awesome! Tomorrow I plan to get some of the taller crypts, java moss, more anubias and tie it to my driftwood, maybe some artificial plants. With my lighting can I get some water sprite? Would you guys say I can get some more fish or not? Any advice? Open to all feedbacks.

Hi all! Cories are doing awesome! Tomorrow I plan to get some of the taller crypts, java moss, more anubias and tie it to my driftwood, maybe some artificial plants. With my lighting can I get some water sprite? Would you guys say I can get some more fish or not? Any advice? Open to all feedbacks.

Just to be on the safe side, rechecking the parameters might be a good idea. I am guessing that more than likely the established filter will process the additional ammonia and nitrite. But you won't know until you test it.

Just to be on the safe side, rechecking the parameters might be a good idea. I am guessing that more than likely the established filter will process the additional ammonia and nitrite. But you won't know until you test it.

I will test tomorrow

No No NO! I went down to feed and found a dead Cory :( testing now. :(

WhT the bleep! The parameters we're ammonia: 3 ppm nitrIte:,5ppm NitrAte: 40 ppm! Doing a 5 gal change. What should I do now?

Here's my plan: I'm gong to do water changes and test every 3 days. Today I'm going to just add plants and decorations. I'm thinking about adding 1 panda Cory to being my group back up to 6, thoughts?

The last thing you want to do is add anymore fish. The tank already has too much ammonia and it appears that the bb present cannot handle the 5 cories you have; adding another would not help and the cories won't care if there are 4, 5, or how every many there are. Plus, in a stressed situation you may invite the possibility of an Ich outbreak with a new addition.
I would continue WCs and testing. You could add ammonia removing chips/media temporarily to decrease the ammonia. Prime is a good water treatment for prepping water and decreasing the toxic effects of ammonia. When you tested on 4/17 was that your only post cycling test at the time? I don't always trust my results and I often retest things.

Sure, you can add plants and other decor.
Doing a 5 gallon WC in a 29g tank is roughly ~15-20%. If the ammonia was 3.0 ppm, then that would only drop it down to the low 2.0s. I would do at least a 50% WC today; maybe a second one as well.
Just keep up with the WCs and testing and you should be fine.

Also that fish may have been died for awhile so that's why my parameters may have been all over.

Back
Top Bottom