My new 125 gallon tank ! Pics !!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its funny his name is Big Boy... Because hes smaller then my fire eels but hes man enough to go up to them and snatch food out there mouths... HAHA... They all get along... And sometimes there all be in the same home together naping.

O I'm loving this thread , just read all 13 pages and was bummed to find the tank will still need a bit longer to set up at the end . I'm following :) can't wait to see the end result I'm sure it will be nothing less than jaw dropping !

O I'm loving this thread , just read all 13 pages and was bummed to find the tank will still need a bit longer to set up at the end . I'm following :) can't wait to see the end result I'm sure it will be nothing less than jaw dropping !

Thanks... I started off with just the tank... Got some advice on here and next thing you know im almost done... But the projects never stop:ROFLMAO:

No problem with just the bio media in the fx5, i use just bio media and sponges in my eheim 2217. My readings are ammo 0, ph 7-8, nitrites 0 and nitrates 5.0 in both tanks. This is the first time i have tried this. in my previous tanks i always included the ammo and char chips. So far both tanks have been running for several months. MY 29gal is a planted tank. I will soon convert the 56gal to a planted tank, but right now two of my clown loaches have most a bacterial infection and may be ick. I have been doing hugh water changes every day with amping the temp up to 85 and including aquarium salt. I'm hoping they survive.

No problem with just the bio media in the fx5, i use just bio media and sponges in my eheim 2217. My readings are ammo 0, ph 7-8, nitrites 0 and nitrates 5.0 in both tanks. This is the first time i have tried this. in my previous tanks i always included the ammo and char chips. So far both tanks have been running for several months. MY 29gal is a planted tank. I will soon convert the 56gal to a planted tank, but right now two of my clown loaches have most a bacterial infection and may be ick. I have been doing hugh water changes every day with amping the temp up to 85 and including aquarium salt. I'm hoping they survive.

Im sorry to here that... I hope they turn out ok:(

I plan on making a spray bar to difuse the out put. I would not put it in a 10 gal. you would blow the fish right out of the tank :):):)

There is plans on youtube of people making spray bars out of pvc pipe, that's my next project depending on how my clowns do. I recently made a co2 generator using a juice bottle for my 29 gal. Out of all the air stones i tried, what works the best is an unused cigarette filter stuffed into the airline tube and stuck it in the outlet spray bar, imagine that???? and they say stop smoking..

Well i thought all i needed was the filter and i could have this set up. Sadly i was wrong. My current lighting is two Aquen T8 20 watt 8000k. In other words really crappy lights. Thats only 40 watts and a average of like 0.33 watts per gallon. When you want strong plant growth 2-3 watts per gallon and 6500k are best. So i went online and found a 72" T5HO that pushes 320 watts. At a really cheap price of 198 shipped. Heres the link.

72" QUAD Aquarium T5 HO Light 80W x4 Coral Fish LED NEW | eBay

I believe with that light you're gonna need CO2 now. That's a ton of light. Looks like a good fixture though. Appears to have moonlight too! I need to get something for moonlight.

I believe with that light you're gonna need CO2 now. That's a ton of light. Looks like a good fixture though. Appears to have moonlight too! I need to get something for moonlight.

That is alot of light... I would like to stay away from co2 tho... A really good price too. Gonna get it. And if im happy buy 2 48" for my 75 and 50

I have a dual T5 fixture was thinking it was medium lighting turns out it's high so I have to use fertz and reduce lighting time trying to stay away from CO2 as well. With that high of lighting you'd need it.

Thats what i was thinking... I am going to use moss and low light plants... but of course better light better growth... I got 2 friends one useing low light and the other with high light.. The one with the low light. The plants are growing at a slow rate but are healthy. And the one with the high light and same plants. His are growing like weeds and look lush and beautiful.

There is a whole list of plants that do not require co2, the fish store in my neighborhood is very reliable and has been in the business for several years. I purchase almost all my aquariums from him. When i just recently purchased the 29gal i mentioned that i was starting a planted tank. He advised my on my lights and substrate, i trust him completely, he also said that all his tanks in the store that house live plants are grown without co2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom